|born on||25 December 1913 at 22:10 (= 10:10 PM )|
|Place||San Francisco, California, 37n47, 122w25|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°53' 16°38 Asc. 09°02'|
American singer, a top cabaret performer known as the "man with the golden voice." His perfect pitch is heard on 14 gold records. Along with Cyd Charisse, he co-authored an autobiography, "The Two of Us," 1976.
Raised in poverty, Martin had an adoring Jewish step-dad. From the time he was a kid he became a professional musician gaining recognition and financial independence. A cocky kid, he was at one time a heavy gambler and prior to his second marriage, a womanizer. Martin married Alice Faye, a big star at the time, on 9/04/1937; they divorced on 3/27/1941. He had a major affair with Lana Turner.
On 1/02/1942, he entered the U.S. Navy and considered it the most miserable time in his life. From August to October 1942, he had to testify at a friend's court-martial and he himself was discharged as "unfit" on 12/07/1942. Five days later he was inducted into the Army where he served for three years before being dishonorably discharged on 12/14/1945.
Martin married Cyd Charisse on 5/15/1948 and their son was born 8/28/1950; he was a strict father to Tony Jr. and to Nicky, Cyd's son born in 1942 from a former marriage. He and Cyd did TV specials and a club act together.
Cyd died in Los Angeles on 17 June 2008 in Los Angeles, age 86. Their son, Tony Jr., died on 10 April 2011, age 60. Tony himself died in Los Angeles on 27 July 2012, age 98.
- parent->child relationship with Martin, Tony Jr. (born 28 August 1950)
- spouse relationship with Charisse, Cyd (born 8 March 1922)
- Crime : Trial dates 1942 (Testified for friends court marshal, two months)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 28 August 1950 (Birth of son, Tony Jr.)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1976 (Co-author of "The Two of Us", autobiography)
Contemporary American Horoscopes
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged (Raised in poverty)
- Family : Childhood : Parent, Single or Step (Jewish step-dad)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One step-child)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One son)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Autobio and club act)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gambler
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Cabaret, stage and clubs)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (With Cyd Charisse)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Noted singer)
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Navy and Army)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Co-author)