|Birthname||Howie Michael Mandel, Jr.|
|born on||29 November 1955 at 10:00 (= 10:00 AM )|
|Place||Toronto, Ontario (CAN), 43n39, 79w23|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||06°37' 05°33 Asc. 08°29'|
Canadian comedian with his own TV show, "The Howie Mandel Show" from 6/22/1998 to 6/22/1999, a talk-variety show on daytime television. An entertainer for more then two decades, his prior work included Voice-Overs for cartoons as well as guest shots on TV series’ episodes and specials. Howie writes his own material for his opening skits and one of the subjects he believes and talks about is life after death. Jewish-Canadian, he still works on a green card. He is color-blind.
Still doing stand-up comedy, Howie warns parents not to bring their kids to his stand-up show because this is where he talks "dirty" in adult entertainment. Since his act is only for adults and not for kids, he doesn't let his three kids watch his live act on stage.
From the time he was a kid, Howie was always a class clown and he learned early to get laughs from not only his voice humor, but from physical comedy. He could do a riff on his own phobia about germs, or take an everyday dilemma and turn it into an episode.
Happily married to Terry in 1980, they make their home in the California San Fernando Valley. He and Terry have three kids, daughter Jackie (b. 1985), son Alex (b.1990) and daughter Riley (b. 1993). His mom enjoys visiting the family; dad died ten years ago, before Alex was born.
Howie started his Stand-Up comedy career while on a trip to Los Angeles in 1979. He and some friends went to the legendary Comedy Store on amateur night and as the scheduled performers finished, the emcee asked if anyone in the audience would like to give the stage a shot. His friends coaxed him up there, and a producer saw his act. He was so nervous, he couldn't stand still. He was very frenetic and very hyped. The audience started laughing so Howie would say, "What? Tell me what you're laughing at. What? What?" And "What?" became a trademark.
Mandel's fans encompass a wide following. They may previously remember his award-winning comedy routines on HBO specials, or his portrayal of enthusiastic medic Dr. Mayne Fiscus for six years on "St. Elsewhere," or his eight years as creator, executive producer and voice talent for the popular Fox Kids Network animated series "Bobbie's World."
Beginning in 2005 he hosted a TV game show "Deal or No Deal."
- business associate/partner relationship with Begley, Ed Jr. (born 16 September 1949). Notes: Co-stars on "St. Elsewhere"
- business associate/partner relationship with Morse, David (born 11 October 1953). Notes: Co-stars on "St. Elsewhere"
- business associate/partner relationship with Washington, Denzel (born 28 December 1954). Notes: Co-stars on "St. Elsewhere"
- Work : New Career 1979 (First stand-up comedy performance)
- Relationship : Marriage 1980 (Terry)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1985 (Daughter Jackie born)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1990 (Son Alex born)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1993 (Daughter Riley born)
- Work : Begin Major Project 22 June 1998 (Own comedy TV show, one year exactly)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Begin Major Project 2005 (Emcee of "Deal or No Deal" a TV quiz show)
Debbie Kirkpatrick quotes him in a note signed "Howie," from his website. He sent the response 20 min after getting her query.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Eyes (Colorblind)
- Family : Parenting : Extraordinarily nurturing (Supportive, does not allow kids to see his show)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (In entertainment field over 20 years)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Still Canadian citizen)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Western (Jewish)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Stand-up acts)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Guest appearances; own show)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (St. Elsewhere)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Executive producer)
- Vocation : Writers : Humor (Writes own material)