Ludwig Viktor, Archduke of Austria
|Birthname||Ludwig Viktor Joseph Anton|
|born on||15 May 1842 at 13:00 (= 1:00 PM )|
|Place||Vienna, Austria, 48n13, 16e20|
|Timezone||LMT m16e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°12' 27°49 Asc. 13°44'|
Austrian nobility, the youngest son born to Archduke Franz Karl and Princess Sophie of Bavaria, and younger brother of Emperor Franz Joseph I of Austria. He pursued the usual military career and was appointed General of the Infantry. He remained a bachelor all his life. As a result of his very public homosexuality and transvestitism, his brother Emperor Franz Joseph forbade him to stay in Vienna. Ludwig Viktor retired to Klessheim Palace near Salzburg where he became known as a philanthropist and patron of the arts. He died on 18 January 1919 at the age of 76.
- child->parent relationship with Franz Karl, Archduke of Austria (born 7 December 1802)
- child->parent relationship with Sophie Friederike, Princess of Bavaria (born 27 January 1805)
- sibling relationship with Franz Joseph I, Emperor of Austria (born 18 August 1830)
- sibling relationship with Karl Ludwig, Archduke of Austria (born 30 July 1833)
- sibling relationship with Karolina, Archduchess of Austria (born 27 October 1835)
- sibling relationship with Maximilian, Emperor of Mexico (born 6 July 1832)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Das andere Habsburg: Homoerotik im österreichischen Kaiserhaus" by Helmut Neuhold (Tectum-Verl, 2008), p. 13: "Psychisch stark unter Druck, wurde sie wieder schwanger und hatte am 15. Mai 1842, ihrem Namenstag, um 13 Uhr eine komplikationslose Geburt. Der Sohn, den sie gebar, erhielt den Namen Ludwig Joseph Anton Victor."
On 16 Feb. 2017 Scholfield changed the rating from B to A, having forwarded news report from "Oesterreichischer Beobachter," 17 May 1842, p. 1: "Ihre kaiserl. Hoheit die Durchlauchtigste Frau Erzherzoginn Sophie sind gestern, den 15. d. M. Nachmittags um ein Uhr glücklich von einem Erzherzoge entbunden worden." (Her Imperial Highness the most illustrious wife, Archduchess Sophie, was happily delivered of an Archduke yesterday, the 15th of the month, at one o'clock in the afternoon).
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Collector (Art collector)
- Passions : Sexuality : Homosexual male (Gay)
- Passions : Sexuality : Transvestite
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Habsburg-Lorraine)
- Notable : Famous : Socialite (Patron of the arts)