Lord, Bette Bao
|born on||3 November 1938 at 03:00 (= 03:00 AM )|
|Place||Shanghai, China, 31n14, 121e28|
|Timezone||AWST h8e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||09°42' 07°05 Asc. 28°09'|
Chinese-American writer. Her father was an official in the Chinese government before they emigrated back to the U.S. in 1946. After the Communists won the Chinese Civil War, her family stayed in the U.S., separated from a younger sister until 1962. Lord wrote an autobiography of her life in China before their emigration to the U.S. called "Eighth Moon." In 1973, she went back to China with her husband, Winston, and her reunion there with her kin led to a second book, "Spring Moon."
She is a graduate of Tufts University with a Masters Degree in Law and Diplomacy. She married Winston Lord, the principal advisor to Henry Kissinger; they have two children and live in NY. Her husband moved into the post of the President of the Council on Foreign Relations.
- Family : Change residence 1946 (Moved to U.S.)
- Other Family 1962 (Reunited with sister)
- Family : Change residence 1973 (Reunited with family in China)
LMR quotes her book, "Spring Moon."
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (Moved to U.S.)
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad government official)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Husband Winston Lord)