|born on||30 August 1946 at 18:57 (= 6:57 PM )|
|Place||New York, New York, 40n43, 74w0|
|Timezone||EDT h4w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||06°57' 26°27 Asc. 24°46'|
American actress, an archetypal hippie with long shining hair and hip garb. She was the female member of the TV series trio in "Mod Squad" that ran September 1968 to August 1973. After a long hiatus, she returned to TV in "Twin Peaks" April 1990 to June 1991.
A native of Long Island, Lipton moved to Manhattan at age 15 to apply to the Eileen Ford agency as a model. She cut her hair, lost ten lbs and cleared up her pimples in three months to get her first modeling layout. When her family moved to Los Angeles, she took the usual acting lessons, got the first small roles, then hit it big with "Mod Squad," maybe the best of the "hip cop" TV series. Then in 1974, she fell in love with musical genius Quincy Jones. After they married in 1974, she put her career on hold for the next 15 years. They had daughters Kidada, 1974 and Rashida, 1976.
After raising the girls and losing her mom in 1986 (with whom she was very close) Lipton and Jones began growing in different directions. She ended her self-imposed exile in 1989, starting with a made-for-TV movie for her move back into the acting mode. She and Jones remained close, both adoring of their kids.
She has always been interested in New Age spiritualism, practicing yoga and meditation to help overcome her painful, almost incapacitating insecurity. "I never had confidence," she said, "Ever. It took years for me to find my own worth." As a kid, she stuttered badly. "I did not come from a background where I was hurt, but I felt hurt inside," she said. Her older brother and younger brother are both reserved. After her divorce, Lipton resumed the vegetarian diet that she had abandoned during the years of her marriage.
- business associate/partner relationship with Cole, Michael (born 3 July 1940). Notes: Co-stars on "The Mod Squad"
- business associate/partner relationship with MacLachlan, Kyle (born 22 February 1959). Notes: Co-stars on "Twin Peaks"
- business associate/partner relationship with Nance, Jack (born 21 December 1943). Notes: Co-stars on "Twin Peaks"
- business associate/partner relationship with Tamblyn, Russ (born 30 December 1934). Notes: Co-stars on "Twin Peaks"
- spouse relationship with Jones, Quincy (born 14 March 1933)
- Relationship : Marriage 1974 (Quincy Jones)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1974 (Daughter born)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1976 (Daughter born)
- Death of Mother 1986 (Very close)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1989 (Made-for-TV movie)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1990 (Quincy Jones)
LMR quotes colleague from her (Name of colleague on file)
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Vegetarian)
- Traits : Body : Hair (Long and shining)
- Traits : Personality : Personality vulnerable (Insecure)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Skin (Acne as youth)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Stutter, Tics (Bad stutter as youth)
- Family : Childhood : Family close (Especially with mother)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (Five)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (With Quincy)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Interracial (Quincy)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Quincy Jones)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Extraordinarily nurturing (Devoted parent)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Eastern (Yoga)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Meditation
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : New Age (New Age spirtualism)
- Vocation : Beauty : Model
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Mod Squad," "Twin Peaks")
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women