|born on||17 January 1933 at 22:57 (= 10:57 PM )|
|Place||New York NY, USA, 40n42, 74w00|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||27°38' 13°33 Asc. 09°48'|
American puppeteer, ventriloquist, author, magician and singer. A beloved TV personality, her shows started in 1951 and her big break came on an appearance on the "Arthur Godfrey Show" in 1952, followed by her network program airing 1957-1963 through NBC. When cartoons swept the networks, Lewis reshaped her career by appearing in Las Vegas as a performer until the tone of Vegas went strongly to rock and country acts. From there she moved on to TV celebrity game-shows for a stint, moving on to such versatile accomplishments as conducting a symphony orchestra and appearances on dramas and movies.
She has written over two dozen children's books, over 60 books total and has produced 17 home videos. The winner of over seven Emmy's as Outstanding Performer in a Children's Series by 1992, a Peabody Award, the John F. Kennedy Center Award for Excellence and Creativity, seven Parents Choice Awards and the Action for Children's Television Award.
Still working TV at the age of 64, with her beloved puppets Lamb Chop, Hush Puppy and Charlie Horse, Lewis has blessed many households with her extraordinary talent and generosity of spirit. A hard worker, she is tiny, all eyes, mouth, charm and spirit. The President of PBS, Ervin S. Duggan states, "she was a weaver of magic, bringing laughter, knowledge and joy to the hearts of children and adults alike."
Her first marriage to Stan Lewis didn't last long and she married publisher Jeremy Tarcher in 1958; one daughter, Mallory, who resides in L.A.
(Lewis beat breast cancer in 1984, but was diagnosed with uterine cancer in June 1998; on 6/22/1998 she began her chemotherapy treatment program. She died of pneumonia while undergoing chemotherapy, 8/03/1998 in Cedar-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles, CA.)
- Death by Disease 3 August 1998 (Pneumonia during chemotherapy, age 65)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Begin Major Project 1960 ("The Shari Lewis Show")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1992 ("Lamb Chop's Play Along")
- Work : Gain social status 1952 (Big break came on the "Arthur Godfrey Show")
- Relationship : Marriage 1958 (First marriage, Stan Lewis)
Contemporary American Horoscopes quotes B.C as 1933. (Current Biography and reference books give 1934)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Mime (Puppeteer)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Secondary)
- Traits : Body : Size (Height of 5')
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (Twelve)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Second marriage since 1958)
- Traits : Personality : Hard worker
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable
- Traits : Personality : Disciplined
- Notable : Extraordinary Talents : For Imagination (Children's TV host)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Uterine, terminal)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Conductor (Secondary)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy (Children's comedy/ learning programs)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Production of videos)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Peabody, Parents' Choice Awards, J.F.K. Award of Excellence)
- Traits : Personality : Unique
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession (Entertainment field)
- Vocation : Writers : Children's literature (Children's books)