|Birthname||Jacques Marie Emile Lacan|
|born on||13 April 1901 at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LST m2e20 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°57' 10°33 Asc. 07°10'|
French psychoanalyst who gained an international reputation as an original interpreter of Sigmund Freud's work. He earned a medical degree in 1932 and was a practicing psychiatrist and psychoanalyst in Paris for much of his career. He helped introduce Freudian theory into France in the 1930s, but he reached prominence only after he began conducting regular seminars at the University of Paris in 1953. He acquired celebrity status in France after the publication of his essays and lectures in Écrits,1966.
Lacan founded and headed an organization called the Freudian School of Paris from 1964 until he disbanded it in 1980 for what he claimed was its failure to adhere with sufficient strictness to Freudian principles. His major achievement was his reinterpretation of Freud's work in terms of the structural linguistics developed by French writers in the second half of the 20th century. The influence he gained extended well beyond the field of psychoanalysis to make him one of the dominant figures in French cultural life during the 1970s. In his own psychoanalytic practice, Lacan was known for his unorthodox, and even eccentric, therapeutic methods that were considered widely controversial.
Lacan 's works include, "Speech and Language in Psychoanalysis," 1981, "Feminine Sexuality," 1982 and "The Psychoses," 1993.
He married on 1/29/1934 and divorced on 12/15/1941. He made a second marriage 30 years later on 7/17/1971.
Died 9/09/81, Paris.
- Social : End a program of study 1932 (Medical degree in psychiatry)
- Work : Gain social status 1953 (Seminars gained popularity)
- Work : Start Business 1964 (Started Freudian School of Paris, 16 years)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1966 (Publication of his essays and lectures)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1981 (Book released)
Gauquelin NS Vol 1/1122 (02:30 PM Paris time)
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (Ph.D.)
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric (Eccentric and original methods)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 80)
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker (Regular university seminars)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Psychiatrist (Psychoanalyst)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Freudian theories)