|Birthname||Robert Alan Krieger|
|born on||8 January 1946 at 22:54 (= 10:54 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°25' 28°16 Asc. 02°55'|
American songwriter, author and musician, known for his guitar and song writing. In 1965 he joined Jim Morrison and Ray Manzarek to form the musical band, "The Doors." Their first album was published in 1966 and a huge hit single, "Light My Fire," which Krieger wrote, was published 1967. Their second album was "Strange Days." The band dismembered in 1973.
Krieger went to UCLA but did not take school seriously. After meeting Morrison at a meditation session led by Maharishi Mahesh Yogi, he dropped out of school. He also knew Densmore and the three were looking for enlightenment when they chose music as their vehicle. They had days of magic, and days of insanity, such as dropping acid in a moving vehicle.
After the band disbanded, Krieger chose jazz on which to concentrate. Over the next five years he immersed himself in this media as a source of fulfillment. He formed the Butts Band in 1972 along with Densmore, playing reggae and putting out two albums.
In September 1977 he produced "Robbie Krieger and Friends." One of the "friends" was his son Waylon on rhythm guitar. He and Ray Manzarek went into record production for several different L.A. bands.
- business associate/partner relationship with Densmore, John (born 1 December 1944)
- business associate/partner relationship with Manzarek, Ray (born 12 February 1939)
- business associate/partner relationship with Morrison, Jim (born 8 December 1943)
- sibling relationship with Krieger, Ronald (born 8 January 1946)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1967 (Wrote and played Light My Fire)
Steinbrecher quotes Garner from Krieger
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs (The '60s)
- Family : Parenting : Kids - Noted (Son Weylon a pro musician)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Band)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Meditation
- Personal : Birth : Twin, triplet, etc. (Twins)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Doors)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Music)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection