|born on||8 November 1959 at 23:15 (= 11:15 PM )|
|Place||Boston MA, USA, 42n21, 71w03|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||16°01' 05°46 Asc. 21°25'|
American writer, the author of "Drinking, A Love Story," published by Dial Press May 1996 and on the best-seller list two months later, her personal story about years of being a closet alcoholic.
The Cambridge raised daughter of a psychiatrist and an artist, she was raised with privilege and intellect. She never heard her parents fight and never heard them say I love you. Her dad died in 1992 and her mom a year later. Caroline was anorexic through much of her 20's, a 5' 4" blonde. At about 13 or 14, she had her first drink, feeling very daring and smart. She graduated from Brown magna cum laude and went to work as a journalist, writing about organisms and sun-tans and being a grown-up. Obsessively neat and organized, she called herself the queen of lists. For years, Caroline was involved with two different men in a romantic life that was tormented, surreptitious and complicated.
Finally, in 2/20/1994, she checked into a rehab center. Four months later she felt able to meet life free of her drug-of-choice. She bought a new house in which she has never taken a bottle and goes to AA three-four times a week. When she was diagnosed with lung cancer, she married her longtime companion, photographer Mark Morelli but died shortly after, on June 3, 2002, Cambridge, MA.
- sibling relationship with Knapp, Rebecca (born 8 November 1959)
- Death of Father 1992
- Death of Mother 1993
McEvoy quotes B.C.
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Privileged)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Eating Disorder (Anerexic)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Alcohol
- Traits : Body : Size (5' 4")
- Traits : Body : Hair (Blonde)
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Institutionalized (Rehab)
- Personal : Birth : Twin, triplet, etc. (Non-identical twins)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Terminal)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Lung (Cancer)