|born on||2 October 1948 at 04:15 (= 04:15 AM )|
|Place||Bombay, India, 18n58, 72e50|
|Timezone||IST h5e30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||08°39' 26°23 Asc. 06°06'|
East Indian model and actress who made her modeling debut at the age of 13. Khambatta was the winner of a beauty contest as Miss India at 16. She starred in Indian films, winning a Best Actress award in her own country and branching out into high fashion modeling in London and New York. In Hollywood her exotic, classic beauty was seen in the films "The Wilby Conspiracy" and "Conduct Unbecoming." She is most noted and remembered for appearing as the bald headed navigator from the planet Delta in "Star Trek, the Movie" in 1979.
A member of the Paris sect, she was raised by her mother after her father left when she was just two.
Khambatta married in Hollywood, actor Cliff Taylor, for a devastating two months in the '80s. Inexplicably, her career faded after "Star Trek" with only a few minor roles in film and TV.
She died of a heart attack on 8/18/1998 in Bombay, at 49.
- boss relationship with Roddenberry, Gene (born 19 August 1921)
- Work : New Job 1964 (Began modeling, age 13)
- Work : Prize 1965 (Miss India title, age 16)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1979 ("Star Trek, the Movie")
Lynne Palmer quotes her
- Traits : Body : Hair (Bald for a movie released in 1979)
- Family : Childhood : Parent, Single or Step (Age two when dad left)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage less than 3 Yrs (Only two months)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Vocation : Beauty : Beauty Queen/ King (Miss India)
- Vocation : Beauty : Model (Age 13)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Best Actress award in India)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women