|Birthname||Julie Deborah Kavner|
|born on||7 September 1950 at 18:45 (= 6:45 PM )|
|Place||Los Angeles, California, 34n03, 118w15|
|Timezone||PDT h7w (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||14°51' 24°14 Asc. 06°36'|
American comedy actress of stage, screen, and TV series. During the '70s, she was probably best known for playing younger sister to Valerie Harper in the five-year run of the TV "Rhoda," from 9/09/1974 to 12/09/1978. As a member of Woody Allen's stock company, Kavner also appeared in five Woody Allen movies. She had an Emmy-nominated supporting role on "The Tracey Ullman Show" from 1987-1990 and is the voice of Marge on "The Simpson's."
Kavner's training began with a seventh grade summer school drama class and continued at Beverly Hills High School. Her parents, Dave, a furniture distributor and Rose, a marriage and family counselor expressing doubts about their second daughter's future, not sure of the practicality of this acting business but she persevered. After being a drama major for four years at San Diego State, Kavner spent an award-winning term at San Diego's Old Globe Theatre.
She was nominated for an Emmy for playing a marginally retarded woman in the TV movie, "No Other Love." A steady-working character actor, her films include "National Lampoon Goes to the Movies," 1981, "Bad Medicine," 1985, "Hannah and Her Sisters, " 1986, "Radio Days," 1987, "Awakenings," 1990, "Alice," 1990 and "Shadows and Fog," 1992.
- business associate/partner relationship with Harper, Valerie (born 22 August 1939). Notes: Co-stars on "Rhoda"
- business associate/partner relationship with Walker, Nancy (born 10 May 1922). Notes: Co-stars on "Rhoda"
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1981 (Film, "National Lampoon Goes to the Movies")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1985 (Film, "Bad Medicine")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1986 (Film, "Hannah and Her Sisters")
- Work : Begin Major Project 1987 (TV series, "The Tracey Ullman Show")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1987 (Film, "Radio Days")
- Work : End Major Project 1990 (TV series, "The Tracey Ullman Show")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1990 (Film, "Awakenings")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1990 (Film, "Alice")
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1992 (Film, "Shadows and Fog")
Kathryn Farmer quotes B.C. in MH 1/1977 (same Contemporary American Horoscopes)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (Voice of Marge on "The Simpsons")
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Theatre company)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Comedy)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Vocation : Entertainment : Live Stage (Theater)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Rhoda," "Carol Burnett Show," others)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Voice-Over (Marge Simpson on "The Simpsons")
- Notable : Awards : Emmy (Nominated twice)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Award winning term at theater)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women