Karl Alexander, Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach
|born on||24 June 1818 at 13:30 (= 1:30 PM )|
|Place||Weimar (Thüringen), Germany, 50n59, 11e19|
|Timezone||LMT m11e19 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°19' 21°21 Asc. 17°25'|
Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach from 1853 until his death on 5 January 1901.
In The Hague, on 8 October 1842, Karl Alexander married his first cousin, Princess Sophie of the Netherlands, daughter of Willem II and Grand Duchess Anna Pavlovna of Russia, sister of his mother. They had four children.
- friend relationship with Andersen, Hans Christian (born 2 April 1805)
- parent->child relationship with Karl August, Hereditary Grand Duke of Saxe-Weimar (born 31 July 1844)
- parent->child relationship with Maria Anna Sophia, Princess of Saxe-Weimar (born 29 March 1851)
- child->parent relationship with Karl Friedrich, Grand Duke of Sachsen-Weimar-Eisen (born 2 February 1783)
- child->parent relationship with Maria Pavlovna, Grand Duchess of Russia (1786) (born 16 February 1786)
- spouse relationship with Sophie, Princess of the Netherlands (born 8 April 1824). Notes: 1842-1897
- sibling relationship with Augusta of Saxony-Weimar-Eisenach (born 30 September 1811)
- sibling relationship with Marie, Princess of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach (1808) (born 3 February 1808)
- (has as) benefactor relationship with Liszt, Franz (born 22 October 1811)
- (has as) benefactor relationship with Wagner, Richard (born 22 May 1813)
Sy Scholfield quotes "Augsburgische Ordinari Postzeitung von Staats-, gelehrten, historisch- u. Ökonomischen Neuigkeiten (1818): "Auch die Frau Erbgroßherzogin von Sachsen, Weimar, Großfürstin Maria Paulowna, ist am 24. Juni, Mittags halb 2 Uhr, zur großen Freude des ganzen großherzoglichen Hauses von einem Prinzen glücklich entbunden worden."
Translation: The wife, Grand Duchess of Saxony, Weimar, Grand Duchess Maria Pavlovna, on June 24 at 1:30 o'clock noon, was happily delivered of a prince, to the delight of the whole grand ducal house.
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Four)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 82)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Saxe-Weimar-Eisenach)