|Birthname||Rivail, Hippolyte Leon Denizard|
|born on||3 October 1804 at 19:00 (= 7:00 PM )|
|Place||Lyon, France, 45n45, 4e51|
|Timezone||LMT m4e51 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||10°20' 10°45 Asc. 18°24'|
French spiritualist known as the "father of spiritualism in France." Kardec was also considered the father of psychic research, being the first to codify channeled messages.
His pseudonym originated from a mixture of names he had in different lifetimes, deduced from his communication with the spirit guides. The French spiritual movement quickly spread to Brazil, presently its strongest center. In no other place did Kardecism (the name of this spiritist movement) flourished so intensely as in Brazil.
Kardec's books include "The Book of Mediums and Spirits," published 4/18/1857 and considered a landmark, as well as "The Gospel as Explained by Spirits." On 2/06/1832, he married Amelie-Gabrielle Boudet (born 11/23/1795; died 1/21/1883). Kardec died the morning of 3/31/1869.
- Death, Cause unspecified 31 March 1869 (Age 64)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 18 April 1857 (Book released)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Marcello Borges quotes a Brazilian biography with data from the B.C. The biography was written by Zeus Wantuil of the Federação Espírita Brasileira ("Brazilian Spiritist Federation") "Birth certificate of Hyppolite Léon Denizard Rivail or Allan Kardec, his nom de plume, states that he was born at 19h of the eleventh day of vindimiary on the XIII year of the Republican Calendar. Since the XIII year started September 1804, Kardec was born October 3, 1804" at 7:00 PM, as we saw. Also, his Baptismal record endorses this interpretation, now in more simple terms and not in the complicated Revolutionary calendar wording. Fathers Barthe and Chassin signed the record that states, "At the 15th day of the month of June of 1805 we baptized in our parish Hippolyte Léon Denizard, born in Lyon on the third day of October of 1804, son of Jean-Baptiste Antoine Rivail...". Larousse and other encyclopedias give 1803. However, this is due to a bad
interpretation of the French revolutionary calendar.
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Over 30 years with Amelie)
- Notable : Famous : First in Field (Codify channeled messages)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Spiritualist (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Textbook/ Non-fiction (Spiritualism)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name (Acronym for numerous names)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Psychic (Noted spiritualist)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession ("Father" of psychic research)