|Birthname||Michael Jeffry Jordan|
|born on||17 February 1963 at 10:20 (= 10:20 AM )|
|Place||Brooklyn (Kings County), New York, 40n38, 73w56|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||28°15' 08°18 Asc. 21°46'|
American famed basketball star, known by some as the "Best Player Alive." Over 13 seasons as pro basketball's most dynamic and influential star, a dazzling career, there seemed to be nothing he could not do. He won six world championships with the Chicago Bulls, ten scoring titles and enough Most Valuable Player awards to stock his own wing at the Hall of Fame. He may possibly be the most famous American in the world, and is certainly so in the sports world. His salary peak was $34 million in 1998 and he reputedly earned $240 million from endorsements alone in the '90s. His sole public vice is gambling, and he appears to have his addiction under control.
The son of James and Deloris Jordan, Michael was encouraged to play baseball as a kid. While a senior in high school, he was invited to go to Dean Smith's basketball camp at the University of North Carolina in Chapel Hill, 1980. Only the best players were invited. Jordan's determination to do the best he could got him on the Five-Star team.
He was drafted by the Chicago Bulls in his junior year at Chapel Hill and reluctantly left school behind as it had been his mother's dream for her children to attain higher education.
After 13 seasons playing with the National Basketball Association, Jordan has won the admiration of the sports world as a flawless player. As NBC analyst Bob Costas said, "Michael Jordan was just beautiful to watch."
Trauma was a factor in Jordan's life from before he was born. His mom had to stay in bed to avoid a miscarriage and when he was born with his nose bleeding, they wondered if he was all right. As a baby, he nearly suffocated once in the bedding. At about age two, he picked up two live wires and was blown three feet away with the shock. When Jordan was in college, his girl friend died in a flood, and he himself once had a near-drowning in a riptide. In 1993, he was shattered by the murder of his father in North Carolina during a roadside robbery. His dad, James (born 7/31/1946), vanished in mid-July and his body was later found floating in a So. Carolina creek 8/03/1993. Jordan seemed to interpret the tragedy as a message to embrace what was really important. He retired from basketball, albeit prematurely. Perhaps because his dad wanted him to play pro baseball, he joined the Chicago White Sox's for a brave but inglorious season-long spectacle that ended with his return to the Bulls in 1995.
Three world championships later, Jordan retired for real in 1/13/1999 to the dismay and sorrow of millions of fans to pursue a flourishing career in movies and TV. He was busy as well supervising his many endeavors such as the Jordan brand for a division of Nike and a Chicago restaurant. He is reportedly interested in pursuing the game of golf.
Michael met Juanita Vanoy in March 1985. In 1988, pregnant with Jeffrey, she considered filing a paternity suit but instead, they married on 9/02/1989 (at 3:30 AM!) in Las Vegas. They set up permanent residence in a 25,000-square-foot million-dollar mansion in Highland Park, Illinois with their three children, Jeffrey, Marcus and Jasmine. Jordan is known for his determination not to take himself too seriously and lead a good life. After 12 years of marriage, Juanita filed for divorce on 1/04/2002, three months after her restless husband went back to work. She asked for custody of their three kids and a fair share of his estimated worth of $400 million. They reconciled within the month, apparently with a compromise on their living arrangements.
After two retirements, he returned to play for the NBA's Washington Wizards. In January 2001, Jordan bought 10% of the Wizards for an estimated $2.5 million with the job of president of operations. He commuted to their Washington DC HQ where he kept a deluxe apartment until October, when he began playing for the team. He then lived full-time in DC while Juanita stayed in Texas.
- parent->child relationship with Jordan, Jasmin Mackael (born 7 September 1992)
- parent->child relationship with Jordan, Marcus (born 25 December 1990)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1980 (Dean Smith's basketball camp)
- Relationship : Marriage 2 September 1989 at 03:30 AM in Las Vegas, NV (Juanita)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 25 December 1990 at 04:40 AM in Chicago (Son Marcus James born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 7 September 1992 at 03:15 AM in Chicago (Daughter Jasmine born)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Financial : Best Period 1997 (Estimated earnings of $78 million a year)
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship February 2002 (Reconciled with Juanita)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Cynthia Withers quotes him to a mutual friend, Brooklyn verified by him. He was asked and several days later he came back with the time, so he may have looked it up or called his mom.
In February 2002, Susan Miller met Jordan and asked his time of birth; he said 12:50 AM.
Cynthia writes that she got the information from shoe salesman Randy Shifrin, who asked his sister-in-law to get the data for Jordan as she worked in the offices of his financial firm. Cynthia was commissioned to do Michael's chart and his middle son chart, and send to Michael.
"I'll try to contact him through the Washington Wizzards. I gave the charts to Randy and he gave them to his sister in law to deliver to him personally. I'll follow through. Cynthia"
Susan responded on 2/17/2002, "I talked to Michael Jordan two days ago, and he seemed sure, but you know about these things, how can we be sure? I said, 12:50 midnight or afternoon? He said, 'a few moments into February 17!' (which is today, oddly enough). I am sending Michael Jordan the piece I wrote about him for Sports Illustrated, so when he gets it, he will probably respond (one hopes). I can ask him one more time.....Sports Illustrated has not yet printed it...they keep changing the issue date. Something should happen soon.I will be in touch."
- Traits : Body : Size (Tall)
- Traits : Personality : Disciplined (Role model)
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Dad murdered 1993)
- Family : Childhood : Memories Bad (Difficult childhood, many challenges)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons and one daughter)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gambler (Recreational gambling)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches (Multi-millionaire)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Enjoys golf)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Restaurant)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Advertising (Product endorsement)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Video's and film)
- Vocation : Sports : Basketball (Pro and champion)
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (Five consecutive titles)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Numerous MVP awards)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession