|Birthname||Jones, Jerral Wayne|
|born on||13 October 1942 at 04:59 (= 04:59 AM )|
|Place||Los Angeles CA, USA, 34n03, 118w14|
|Timezone||PWT h7w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||19°31' 03°29 Asc. 24°03'|
American football player, the owner of the Dallas Cowboys. Jones, a wealthy businessman, originally bought the floundering franchise in 1989. Within the span of ten years, he helped to lead the team to three SuperBowl titles and six conference titles. The success of the team has been a testament to the sheer genius of Jones.
As both a salesman and showman, Jones is a decision maker who has never shied away from taking either credit or blame. Especially prevalent with Jones is his ability to market anything, including his team. He managed to make the Cowboys, once again, into "America's Team." Jones also developed the concept of making NFL games into corporate events.
He is an influential man not only within the realms of his team, but also within the realms of the league. Jones holds several seats on NFL committees that are in charge of everything ranging from the formulation of TV contracts to changing the fundamental rules of the game. On the downside, Jones is known as an egomaniac who will win at any cost. He has also been accused of nepotism in appointing several family members to key positions with the Cowboys organization. In addition, the mid-90s saw his team under fire for off-the-field scandals that seemed to be occurring with his players on a seemingly weekly basis.
On 1/31/1993, he had his first Super Bowl victor in Pasadena and his second on 1/30/1994 in Atlanta. After back-to-back Super Bowl wins, the football world was again startled when Jimmy Johnson left, largely due to conflicts with Jones. He was replaced by Barry Switzer on 3/30/1994.
The Cowboys brought in a third Super Bowl victory on 1/28/1996, 7:49 PM MST, Tempe, AZ. However there were ongoing conflicts with fellow NFL owners during the 1995-96 seasons regarding endorsement deals and revenue sharing. NFL instigated a suit against Jones but it was settled out of court. Through 1996 and 1997, the Cowboys suffered a number of scandals, arrests and drug suspensions. Many blamed Jones for too much tolerance and a lack of moral guidance for his team.
Jones made his millions in the realm of real estate. He currently is developing several multimillion dollar neighborhoods in the Dallas/Ft. Worth area.
- Work : Start Business 18 April 1989 (Purchased majority interest in the Dallas Cowboys, football team)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Contracts, agreements 30 March 1994 (Hired Barry Switzer for the team)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Lose social status 1997 (Team undergoing bad press/scandal)
- Financial : Buy/Sell Property 1989 (Bought Dallas Cowboys)
- Work : Lose social status 1996 (Bad press/scandal with team)
Courtney Conrad quotes BC
- Vocation : Sports Business : Coach/ Manager/ Owner (Owner of the Dallas Cowboys)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Notable : Awards : Sports Championship (Three Super Bowls)
- Traits : Personality : Aggressive/ brash (Hands-on owner)
- Vocation : Sports : Football (Pro owner)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Real estate (Developer)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Property
- Lifestyle : Work : Stressful work
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Football team)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (Owner, football team)
- Traits : Personality : Fiery
- Traits : Personality : Ambitious (Egomaniac)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Owner, pro football team)