John I, King of England
|born on||24 December 1167 Jul.Cal. at 17:20 (= 5:20 PM )|
|Place||Oxford, England, 51n46, 1w15|
|Timezone||LMT m1w15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||09°36' 24°53 Asc. 26°20'|
British royalty, the youngest son of John II and Eleanor, known as one of England's worst kings, unpredictable and cruel. He was called John Lackland as a youth because his brother Richard was given Aquitaine and his brother Henry, Normandy, and he had no land. In 1189 he married the heiress Isabel of Gloucester who gave him land but no children. With no heir, he divorced Isabel after ten years, when he attained the throne.
John succeeded his brother Richard II (the Lionhearted) on 5/27/1199. He married 14-year-old Isabel of Angouleme who gave him five children and he had at least six bastards by different women. Greedy and treacherous, his reign was filled with problems. His barons forced him to sign the Magna Carta on 6/15/1215.
John I died of dysentery from indulging in fruit and cider on 10/19/1216, Neward, England, at age 48. He was succeeded by Henry and generally, his children made more successful decisions. Son Richard led a crusade and became King of the Romans and the richest man in England: Joan married Alexander II of the Scots: Isabel married Emperor Frederick II: and Eleanor made two powerful marriages.
- Relationship : Marriage 1189 (greg.) (First marriage, Isabel of Gloucester)
- Work : Contracts, agreements 15 June 1215 (greg.) (Signing of the Magna Carta)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death by Disease 19 October 1216 (greg.) at 12:00 noon in Neward, England (Dysentary, age 48)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Martin Harvey in Nativitas I quotes Latin Records, "Nautical twilight when Venus and Jupiter seen together on western horizon. Time calculated for one hour after sunset and one hour before complete dark." Harvey gives 5:00 PM. LMR computes sunset at 4:21 PM and notes that at that date and latitude, sunset is followed rapidly by complete dark; there is no twilight. Penfield in Aspects Summer 1993 uses 4:04 PM LMT.
- Traits : Personality : Aggressive/ brash
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Third of three)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (Six illegitimate children)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five legitimate: 11 total)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Britain)