Jefferies, Boyd L.
|born on||10 November 1930|
|Place||Los Angeles CA, USA, 34n03, 118w14|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
American renegade on Wall Street for some 30 years, chairman of Jefferies Group Inc. with 445 employees. His worth in 1987 was estimated at $30 million.
Jefferies worked as a trader in 1956 at the Pacific Stock Exchange. Criticized for being too aggressive, he formed his own company in 1962 and sold it seven years later to Investors Diversified Services for about $18 million. When the market weakened, his business slumped and four years later he bought the company back for $9.5 million. The company went public in 1983.
Jefferies married twice; with his wife he had two kids, a daughter in 1965 and a son in 1960 who was killed in a car accident in 1981.
In 1987, he joined the string of Wall Streeters who have pleaded guilty to violating fed securities laws and will be barred from the securities business for at least five years.
- Financial : Best Period 1987 (Estimated worth of $30 million)
- Work : New Job 1956 (Trader with the Pacific Stock Exchange)
- Work : Start Business 1962
- Work : Begin Major Project 1983 (Company goes public)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1965 (Daughter born)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1960 (Son born)
- Death of Child 1981 (Son killed in auto accident)
- Financial Crime Perpetration 1987 (Violater of Federal Securities Laws)
LMR quotes USA Today for date, time unknown
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (Chairman, executive trader)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Thief/ Financial crime (Violating Federal Securities Laws)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Son killed in auto accident)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Investments company)