|born on||3 January 1900 at 15:51 (= 3:51 PM )|
|Place||Nice, France, 43n42, 7e15|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°52' 11°21 Asc. 10°49'|
French musician, a leading film composer of the 1930s. Sparse and subtle, his soundtracks were noted for their mood-enhancing ability, and he worked with some of the most important filmmakers of the era, including Rene Clair and Julien Duvivier. His recordings include "Pays du Scalp," 1929, "Easter Island," 1934 and "We Live in Two Worlds," 1937.
The son of Francois Jaubert, a lawyer, Maurice was educated at Massena College and obtained his degrees in 1915 and 1916. He then attended the Academy of Nice where he studied the piano and won first prize in 1916. He spent the next three years in Paris completing his law studies, and in 1919, he became the youngest lawyer in France. In April 1920, he signed up for military service, and in October 1921, he was promoted, becoming an officer. In 1922, his military duty ended, and he went back to work as a lawyer. The following summer, however, he decided to give up his legal practice and concentrate on music.
Jaubert was married to Marthe Brega, a professional singer. They married in 1926 and had a daughter in 1927.
After his active military service ended, he became a captain in the reserves, and on 9/02/1939, his unit was remobilized. He was killed in action during WW II on 6/19/1940, Azerailles, France.
- Death by War or Terrorism 19 June 1940 at 12:00 noon in Azerailles, France (WW II, age 40)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Social : End a program of study 1915 (College degree)
- Social : End a program of study 1916 (College degree)
- Work : Prize 1916 (First prize in piano)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1929 (Recording released)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1937 (Recording released)
- Social : End a program of study 1919 (Law degree)
- Relationship : Marriage 1926 (Marthe Brega)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 1927 (Daughter born)
Gauquelin Vol 4/1987 (4:00 PM Paris time)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger (Film composer, noted soundtracks)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Worked with noted filmmakers)
- Vocation : Military : Killed (WW II)
- Vocation : Military : Combat
- Vocation : Military : Military service (Captain)
- Vocation : Law : Attorney (Youngest lawyer in France)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Piano)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One daughter)
- Traits : Personality : Hard worker (Duo careers)