|Birthname||Rowena Othlie Jackson|
|born on||24 March 1926 at 06:30 (= 06:30 AM )|
|Place||Invercargill, New Zealand, 46s24, 168e21|
|Timezone||ONZT h11e30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°24' 00°42 Asc. 02°53'|
New Zealand dancer, the most loved prima ballerina of her day, noted for her "fouettes" (turns), for which she held the world record. Born in Invercargill, Jackson went to school at Epsom Girls' Grammar School in Auckland. Winning a Royal Academy of Dancing scholarship, she left New Zealand to study in England at Sadler's Wells in 1946. From 1954 to 1959, she was a prima ballerina with the Royal Ballet, touring Europe and North America.
She married Philip Chatfield in 1958 and returned to New Zealand to become Artistic Director of the New Zealand Ballet. They had two children. She was awarded the OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) for her services to ballet.
- Social : Begin a program of study 1946 (Entered Sadler's Wells on schlorship)
- Work : New Career 1954 (Prima ballerina with the Royal Ballet)
- Relationship : Marriage 1958 (Philip Chatfield)
- Work : New Career 1958 (Artistic Director of the N.Z. Ballet)
Sy Scholfield quotes Garth Carpenter in his "Aspects of Astrology," data given by her as "sunrise."
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Business : Middle Management (Artistic Director)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Prima ballerina, noted fouettes)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (OBE Award)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession