|Birthname||Ivanhoe, Burl Icle|
|born on||14 June 1909 at 06:00 (= 06:00 AM )|
|Place||Hunt IL, USA, 39n03, 88w01|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||22°45' 07°48 Asc. 12°58'|
American singer of folk music and early American ballads and an actor in movies and TV. Ives was known as the mightiest ballad singer of the century with songs that included "Jimmy Crack Corn" and "Blue Tail Fly." He had a wonderful teddy-bear warmth and was an imposing 6'2" and 270 lbs.
Born on a farm, Ives sang from the time he was four. He was a football fullback in high school before making entertainment a full time career. Ives appeared in about a dozen plays and 26 movies, winning the Best Supporting Actor Oscar for his performance in "The Big Country," 1958. His role was memorable in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof."
Ives married Helen Ehrlich in 1945. They had one adopted son, Alexander, and separated in the late '60s. In 1990, he was married for the second time to Dorothy; he had three step kids with her.
Ives died of mouth cancer on 4/14/1995 at his home in Anacortes, WA.
- Work : Prize 1958 (Oscar for The Big Country)
- Relationship : Marriage 1990 (Dorothy)
- Death by Disease 14 April 1995 (Cancer of mouth, age 85)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 1945 (Helen Erlich)
LMR quotes his autobiography, "Wayfaring Stranger," 1948, p.2.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Folk Music (Ballads)
- Notable : Awards : Oscar (For The Big Country)
- Traits : Body : Weight (270 lbs.)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Film and TV)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (First marriage 20+ years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Foster, Step, or Adopted Kids (One adopted, three stepkids)
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Mouth, terminal)
- Traits : Body : Size (Height of 6' 2")
- Vocation : Sports : Football (In high school)