|born on||1 April 1939 at 18:39 (= 6:39 PM )|
|Place||Cincinnati OH, USA, 39n09, 84w27|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||11°21' 11°38 Asc. 07°50'|
American musician, one of four brothers who sang in the local church choir before forming a professional quartet in 1955.
They quit for a year when brother Vernon was killed in a bicycle accident. After they resumed, they had a single record deal in 1957 but their big break did not come for another two years, a Rhythm & Blues hit in 1959.
They were able to move the entire family to New Jersey. In July 1962 their "Twist and Shout" topped the charts.
The brothers formed their own record label in 1964, T-Neck, with Ron as President and head vocalist. Their first release had Jimi Hendrix on guitar. They were signed by Motown 1965-68, then revived T-Neck, writing and producing their own material.
In 1969 the boys added two more brothers and a cousin who were with them for 15 years. There was an acrimonious split when they became a trio themselves in 1984.
The three brothers were inducted into the R&R Hall of Fame 1/15/1992. Ron and Rudy continued as the Isley Brothers after Kelly died in 1986.
- sibling relationship with Isley, Kelly (born 25 December 1937)
- sibling relationship with Isley, Ronald (born 21 May 1941)
- Death of Sibling 1956 (Vernon killed)
- Work : Gain social status 1959 (Big break, first hit)
- Social : Joined group 1969 (Added two brothers and a cousin to group)
- Social : Left group 1984 (Brothers and cousin left group)
- Death of Sibling 1986 (Brother Kelly died)
B.C. in hand from Frank C. Clifford
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Formed group with three brothers)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (T-Neck label)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Produced own material)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame (Rock'n'Roll)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (T-Neck, The Isley Brothers)