Irene, Princess of Hesse and by Rhine
|Birthname||Irene Luise Maria Anna|
|born on||11 July 1866 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Darmstadt, Germany, 49n53, 8e40|
|Timezone||LMT m8e40 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||18°28' 02°28 Asc. 19°59'|
German royalty, third child and daughter of Ludwig IV, Grand Duke of Hesse and by Rhine and Princess Alice of England. She was born at the end of the Austro-Prussian War, her name derived from the Greek word for "peace".
She married her cousin Prince Heinrich of Prussia on 24 May 1888, while his father was dying of throat cancer. Two of their three children were haemophiliacs who died from their disease. Her little brother Friedrich had died of the disease, and her younger sister Alix, who married Tsar Nicholas II of Russia, had a son with the same condition.
She died on 11 November 1953.
- parent relationship with Alice, Princess (1843) (born 25 April 1843)
- spouse relationship with Heinrich, Prince of Prussia (born 14 August 1862)
- sibling relationship with Alexandra, Czarina of Russia (born 6 June 1872)
- sibling relationship with Elizabeth Feodorovna, Grand Duchess of Russia (born 1 November 1864)
- sibling relationship with Friedrich, Prince of Hesse and by Rhine (born 7 October 1870)
- sibling relationship with Victoria, Princess of Hesse and by Rhine (born 5 April 1863)
The London Gazette, July 13, 1866:
"Lord Stanley has received a Telegram from Sir Alexander Malet, Bart., K.C.B., Her Majesty's Envoy Extraordinary and Minister Plenipotentiary at Frankfort, dated the 11th instant, announcing that Her Royal Highness the Princess Louis of Hesse (Princess Alice of Great Britain) safely gave birth to a Princess at Darmstadt, at two o'clock on that morning."
- Notable : Famous : Royal family