|Birthname||Marcia Kelley Hunter|
|born on||7 December 1949 at 21:14 (= 9:14 PM )|
|Place||Norwalk, Connecticut, 41n07, 73w25|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°40' 14°12 Asc. 18°05'|
American pro astrologer, mythologist and educator, sometime artist. Kelley is a contributing author to "Astrology for Women," Llewellyn, 1997, and author of the booklet, "Black Moon Lilith" for the ACS "All About Astrology" series, 2000. She began studying astrology in 1967 through a correspondence course with the Rosicrucian Fellowship. The innovative Roots of Astrology Experiential Conference in 1988 which she founded with Sig Lonegren and Barbara Schermer was held for a consecutive six years.
Kelley has lectured at UAC (1989, 1992, 2002) and other conferences (ISAR, AA of Great Britain, in Canada, other local groups). An astrological writer, she wrote for Welcome to Planet Earth for many years, currently for The International Astrologer, and has had articles published in The Mountain Astrologer and in journals in Australia, India and Great Britain.
Kelley was the first of three daughters born to educators (Dad a Sag, Mom a Scorpio). She went to Middlebury College when she was 16, graduating in 1970 in Drama. She started traveling and held odd jobs for some years. Woodstock and seeing the Beatles twice were memorable pages in her youth.
In 1973, Kelley was initiated into her spiritual path, which she discovered in Hawaii. In 1980 she began work in non-traditional higher education administration, first at Goddard College and then at Vermont College of Norwich University. In 1982 she began graduate work and received her MA in Depth Psychology/Creative Communications in 1986. She served as adjunct
faculty for adult students at Vermont College and several other colleges in the Vermont area. In 1996 she moved to the Virgin Islands and stopped college teaching and in 1999 she began PhD studies in humanities, specializing in cosmology and myth.
Kelley married in 1975 and had a daughter on 3/02/1976. Their son was born on 12/04/1980 and died on 12/ 3-4/1983 on a total eclipse on his birthday. That was a major turning point that ended the marriage. Her Mom died in 1990 and her Dad in 1999.
Kelley had a car accident in June 1970, which compacted two vertebrae. She contracted hepatitis in India in 1971.
As an astrologer, she foresees no interest in retirement from her vital field of consultations and study.
- Social : Begin a program of study 1967 (Began studying astrology)
- Social : End a program of study 1970 (Graduated from Middlebury College)
- Health : Accident (Non-fatal) June 1970 (Auto accident, two compacted vertibrae)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Chronic illness 1971 (Hepatitis while in India)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1973 (Beginning of her spiritual path)
- Relationship : Marriage 1975
- Work : New Career 1980 (Teaching at two colleges)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1982 (Graduate work)
- Relationship : End significant relationship 1983 (Marriage ended)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 3 December 1983 (Son died, age three)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Social : End a program of study 1986 (MA degree)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1988 (Co-founded Roots of Astrology Experiential Conference)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1989 (Lectured at UAC)
- Death of Mother 1990
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1992 (Lectured at UAC)
- Family : Change residence 1996 (Virgin Islands)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1997 (Contributing author on astrological book)
- Social : Begin a program of study 1999 (Began her PhD studies)
- Death of Father 1999
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2000 (Astrological booklet released)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 2002 (Lectured at UAC)
Steinbrecher quotes her letter, 2/1989, B.C. Confirmed by email to LMR 7/2002, "family lore says she was three weeks late in being born."
- Traits : Mind : Education extensive (PhD)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Hepatitis)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Bone (Two spinal compacted vertibrae)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Accident/Injury (Auto)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Treatment/Therapy
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two, one daughter and one son)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Son died at age three)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (International conferences)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Groups (Roots of Astrology Experiential Conference)
- Vocation : Education : Public speaker (Lecturer)
- Vocation : Education : Teacher (College)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Psychologist
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter (Magazine)