Horniman, Annie E.F.
|born on||3 October 1860 at 19:35 (= 7:35 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°48' 22°14 Asc. 08°02'|
British noted family, the granddaughter of the founder of Horniman Tea Company. Her grandfather died in August 1893, leaving her a substantial legacy (millions). Single and wealthy, she traveled extensively in Europe following the latest developments in avant garde theater. Fiercely independent and outspoken, a staunch feminist, she smoked incessantly, and once nearly caused a riot when appearing in bloomers to ride her bicycle.
Associated with a metaphysical group, the Golden Dawn, she used her money to finance some of their venture. In 1893 she offered Florence Farr enough money to finance a theatrical season, and she arranged for MacGregor Mathers to catalog her father's library and offered to support him and his wife Moira in Paris as a patron of her friend Moira's art. She died on August 6, 1937, age 76.
Mary K. Greer quotes "her own notes" in Mountain Astrologer 10/1994
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Horniman Tea company family)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy (Worth millions)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance (Millions)
- Family : Relationship : Married late/never (Never)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Travel (Following theater)
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric (Independent, outspoken)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Metaphysical (Golden Dawn)
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Financed stage productions)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Patron of the arts)