|born on||2 May 1885 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||Hollidaysburg PA, USA, 40n25, 78w23|
|Timezone||LMT m78w23 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||12°01' 16°29 Asc. 27°23'|
American journalist and Hollywood gossip columnist who was both on radio and in syndication. With an education that was sketchy at best, she was syndicated in national papers two years after the 1936 launch of her column. She also did scores of silent films and made a try at the fashion business.
The fifth of nine kids, she ran away at 17 to perform on stage; her Broadway debut was in 1909.
She married DeWolf Hopper in 1913 and their son Bill was born on 1/26/1915; she divorced her husband for infidelity.
Hopper died of pneumonia and heart complications on 2/01/1966, Los Angeles, CA.
- child relationship with Hopper, William (born 26 January 1915)
- Death by Disease 1 February 1966 (Heart, pneumonia, age 80)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1936 (Column debuted)
- Relationship : Marriage 1913 (DeWolf Hopper)
Eels, "Hedda and Louella" reports that both ladies lied about their ages. On p.54 he writes, "Hedda switched her date from May 2, 1885 to June 2, 1890." Her autobiography, "From Under My Hat," gives June 2, nothing else.
Sabian Symbols No.477 gives 2:00 AM. PC quotes Sabian Symbols No.477 for May 2, 1885, 4:00 AM.
- Vocation : Writers : Columnist/ journalist (Syndicated)
- Family : Childhood : Family large (Fifth of nine kids)
- Vocation : Entertainment : News journalist/ Anchor (Hollywood gossip columnist)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women