|Birthname||Herbert, Frank Patrick|
|born on||8 October 1920 at 07:30 (= 07:30 AM )|
|Place||Tacoma WA, USA, 47n15, 122w26|
|Timezone||PST h8w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°03' 02°24 Asc. 27°23'|
American writer, a reporter and editor for a west coast newspaper and a prolific author of sci-fi, most notably the Dune series. He was a lecturer in general and interdisciplinary studied at the University of Washington 1970-72. Herbert wrote a humanistic amalgam of history, philosophy, psychology and western science. In 1965 he won the Hugo Award and in 1971, the Nebula Award.
Herbert's first newspaper job was in 1939. He was also a writer and editor for the San Francisco Examiner's California Living magazine for a decade, and Seattle's Post-Intelligencer education writer from 1969 to 1972, when he quit to turn his full-time attention to writing fiction. His first novel of more than a dozen was "Dragon in the Sea," 1955, and his best-loved works were the Dune series.
Herbert married in 1946; three kids.
He was working with his son Brian on the 7th of the Dune books when he was diagnosed with cancer. He had a surgery that seemed successful until suddenly, he died of a blood clot on 2/12/1986.
- Work : New Career 1970 (Lecturer at Univ of Washington, two years)
- Work : Prize 1965 (Hugo Award)
- Work : Prize 1971 (Nebula Award)
- Work : New Career 1969 (Editor for Post-Intelligencer, three years)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1955 (First novel released)
- Relationship : Marriage 1946
Contemporary American Horoscopes.
(Mark Penfield in Mercury Hour 7/1986 gave 12:19 PM as "presumably B.C. given in an article.")
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Circulatory problems (Blood clot, terminal)
- Vocation : Writers : Sci-Fi/ Fantasy/ Horror (Noted Dune series)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Novels)
- Vocation : Writers : Publisher/ Editor (Newspaper/magazine editor)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Hugo and Nebula Awards)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (40 years)