Difference between revisions of "Harrison, George"
m (derived relationship update from: Epstein, Brian)
m (derived relationship update from: Sutcliffe, Stu)
|Line 35:||Line 35:|
|Line 182:||Line 182:|
Revision as of 14:38, 5 February 2013
|born on||24 February 1943 at 23:42 (= 11:42 PM )|
|Place||Liverpool, England, 53n25, 2w55|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||05°27' 00°09 Asc. 28°27'|
British musician, composer and producer. a world-known superstar member of the rock 'n roll group "The Beatles," musical and cultural icons of the tumultuous sixties.
Harrison was the youngest of four children born to Harold, a bus driver, and Louise, a homemaker. A precocious youth who was a mediocre student, Harrison was given his first guitar by his mother who encouraged him continually despite her son’s pleadings that he could never learn to play it. Mom’s encouragement won over and Harrison’s fate was sealed on 2/06/1958 when a friend of his, Paul McCartney introduced him to a guitar player named John Lennon. The three teenagers, along with their friend Pete Best formed a band named the "Quarrymen" and rehearsed in Harrison’s home, with Mom Harrison cheering all their efforts.
The Quarrymen eventually changed their name to "The Beatles" and with drummer Ringo Starr replacing Best, performed in the local Liverpool club known as "The Cavern," toured Scotland and Germany. After signing with manager Brian Epstein, they toured America and became overnight sensations, ultimately becoming a household word. Harrison was the composer of Beatle hits "Taxman" and "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."
When the band broke up in 1970, Harrison, who had been heavily influenced by eastern mysticism and Indian musician Ravi Shankar, pursued his own spiritual and musical path with such albums including "All Things Must Pass," " Dark Horse," (after the record company he established of the same name in 1974,) "Living In The Material World" and "Somewhere in England." He purchased a film company in 1978 with partner Dennis O’Brien called "HandMade Films," and has bankrolled movies including "The Long Good Friday," "Mona Lisa," "Time Bandits," "Monty Python’s Life of Brian" and "Shanghai Surprise." Despite the success of HandMade Films, Harrison has no plans of being a full-time producer. "I don’t really want an office job, going there day after day. I like to have it as a hobby," he said.
Following the assassination of fellow Beatle John Lennon in 1980, Harrison became absolutely terrified of appearing in public and rarely granted interviews. Making his first concert appearance after 12 years in 1987, he emerged officially from the shadows.
Friend Michael Palin of "Monty Python" remarked, 'I think in some ways he is just recovering from being a Beatle. I think he’s deciding now that he can’t live locked away all the time." In regards to Harrison’s religious and spiritual leanings, Palin also observed, "I think he’s absorbed as much as he can, and he’s not on the quest, the search for truth as he once was." Once out his shell, Harrison toured with the super-group "The Traveling Wilburys" in 1995 and, that same year, joined ex-Beatles Ringo Starr and Paul McCartney to produce "The Beatles’ Anthology." His autobiography entitled "I Me Mine" was published in 1980.
While gardening in July 1997, Harrison noticed a lump in his neck. He underwent surgery the following month to remove the cancerous nodule followed by radiation . "I got it purely from smoking. I gave up cigarettes many years ago but started again for a while and then stopped in 1997. Luckily for me, they found that this nodule was more a warning than anything else." In January 1998, Harrison went to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN, for tests and was informed that the cancer had not returned. In May of that same year, further tests confirmed he was cancer free.
Harrison’s marriage to Patti Boyd in 1966 ended in divorce in 1977. The following year he married his former secretary at Dark Horse, Mexican-American Olivia Arias, five months after the birth of their son Dhani (Hindu for "rich man") to whom he is a devoted
father. Harrison enjoys domestic bliss on a 35 acre estate in a 30 room renovated convent that he purchased from the Silesian Sisters in 1970. Two other homes are maintained in Hawaii and Australia. Racing cars is another of Harrison’s past times, along with his full-time passions, gardening and horticulture, for which he employs a full-time botanist. He and Olivia live in a palatial guarded mansion some 25 miles west of London.
On 12/30/1999, Harrison fought off a knife-wielding intruder who broke into his home at about 3:30 AM and in the struggle, was stabbed in the chest, collapsing his right lung. The intruder was named by the press as Michael Abram, a young man who heard voices in his head and believed that the Beatles were witches. The wound was just short of hitting a critical area, but George and Olivia fought off the youth until the police arrived.
In May 2001, his lawyers announced that he had undergone surgery at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, MN to removed a cancerous growth from one of his lungs and was recovering nicely in Tuscany, Italy. He had previously conquered throat cancer in 1997. In early July 2001, he reported that he was "feeling fine" after radiotherapy treatment at the Oncology Institute in Switzerland for a rumored brain tumor.
Media reported that on 11/08/2001 Harrison was in a suite at Staten Island University hospital, New York, being treated by radiotherapy, a method of radiation use to shrink cancer tumors. He died on 11/29/2001 at 1:30 PM at a friend's Los Angeles home with his wife Olivia and son Dhani, 24, with him. The family made a statement to the press, He left this world as he lived in it, conscious of God, fearless of death, and at peace, surrounded by family and friends. He often said, 'Everything else can wait, but the search for God cannot wait; love one another.' The former Beatle was posthumously inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame on March 15, 2004
- associate relationship with Clapton, Eric (born 30 March 1945). Notes: Friends and occasional musical collaborators
- associate relationship with Dylan, Bob (born 24 May 1941). Notes: Band mates in The Traveling Wilburys
- associate relationship with Idle, Eric (born 29 March 1943). Notes: Friends and occasional business associates
- associate relationship with Orbison, Roy (born 23 April 1936). Notes: Band mates in The Traveling Wilburys
- business associate/partner relationship with Epstein, Brian (born 19 September 1934)
- business associate/partner relationship with Lennon, John (born 9 October 1940)
- business associate/partner relationship with McCartney, Paul (born 18 June 1942)
- business associate/partner relationship with Starr, Ringo (born 7 July 1940)
- business associate/partner relationship with Sutcliffe, Stu (born 23 June 1940). Notes: Band mates in The Beatles
- Relationship : Marriage 1966 (First marriage, Patti Boyd)
- Social : Left group 1970 (The Beatles broke up)
- Financial : Buy/Sell Property 1970 (Purchased 30-room convent)
- Work : Start Business 1974 (Record company, "Dark Horse")
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1977 (Patti Boyd)
- Financial : Buy/Sell Property 1978 (Bought film company)
- Relationship : Marriage 1978 (Second marriage, Olivia Arias)
- Death of Significant person 1980 at 12:00 midnight in New York, NY (Fomer Beatle John Lennon)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1980 (Autobiography, "I Me Mine")
- Social : Joined group 1995 ("The Traveling Wilburys")
- Mental Health : End Addiction 1997 (Stopped smoking for good)
- Health : Medical procedure January 1998 at 12:00 midnight in Rochester, MN (Tests for cancer)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Health : Medical procedure November 2001 (Radiation treatment to combat cancer)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Death by Disease 29 November 2001 at 1:30 PM in Los Angeles, CA (Cancer, age 58)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 15 March 2004 (posthumously inducted into Rock and Roll Hall of Fame)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Mercury Hour, 4/1993, p.1, "Janice Giles of New Zealand sent us some interesting news from George Harrison who wrote, "For instance, I only learned recently after all these years that the date and time of my own birth have always been off by one calendar day and about a half hour on the clock," reported in Billboard magazine, 12/1992." On a prior ocassion, he had given out February 25, 1943, 00:05 AM GDT, (23 minutes later). Tashi Grady met Harrison in 7/1993 and he said that he and his astrologer had rectified the time to 11:52:19 PM.
On 2/24/2002, Jayj Jacobs wrote, "Early this morning I was listening to a Westwood One broadcast syndicated on SF's fabled KFRC. The show, 'Beatle Brunch' was on George Harrison, a bio & music compilation, in which they interviewed George's sister, on the air.
She said she was confused by her brother's statements concerning the change in his birth date & time *Because* she had a birth record in hand -- in her mother's handwriting -- saying he was born at 12:10 am on the 25th. She also said that her mother was awake and aware of the birth.
She commented that in those days, "before digital clocks an all that" that spoken remarks re time were approximated to the nearest 5 minutes or so, "'ten of' or 'a quarter after' and such". That should make 12:10 accurate within 2-3 minutes either way, about as close as we ever get -- without a stopwatch holding astrologer on the premises.
I've had several clients *try to be helpful* and give me their birthtime *after* it had been converted by another astrologer to Standard or LMT, etc. I suspect that's what George did, with a bit of 'wrecktifiction' thrown in. I think his Mom, the written record, & sister trump his later 'recovered knowledge'."
- Traits : Personality : Private (Terrified after Lennon's assassination)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Nodule on neck)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (To remove cancerous nodule)
- Family : Childhood : Family supportive (Mother extremely supportive)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fourth of four)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Interracial (Second wife Mexican-American)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Extraordinarily nurturing (Devoted father)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (One)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Musical group)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Rags to riches
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Hobbies, games (Film production)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Outdoors (Gardening-horticulture)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Racing cars)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Eastern (Mysticism)
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Record company, film company)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Secondary)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Composer/ Arranger
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo ("The Beatles," and "The Traveling Wilbury's")
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer ("I Me Mine")
- Notable : Awards : Hall of Fame
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Beatles)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection