Difference between revisions of "Halliwell, Geri"
m (derived relationship update from: Brown, Melanie)
|Line 89:||Line 89:|
|Line 113:||Line 113:|
Revision as of 13:12, 5 February 2013
|Birthname||Geraldine Estelle Halliwell|
|born on||6 August 1972 at 14:30 (= 2:30 PM )|
|Place||Watford, England, 51n40, 0w25|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||14°10' 10°05 Asc. 17°05'|
British singer, a former member of the all-girl group, "The Spice Girls," the biggest pop phenomenon of the late 1990s. Their chart-topping singles, "Wannabe" and "Say You’ll Be There," made "Ginger Spice," the notorious red-head with the provocative costumes and saucy behavior, a household name.
Born Geraldine Estelle Sjovik, she grew up in Watford, England, the daughter of a Swedish-English father and a Spanish mother. Geri was the youngest of five children. As a child, she was the "odd one out," teased because she was much shorter than the other girls. She would make up stories about herself and listen to music to compensate for a life she saw as uneventful. The mischievous, big-hearted girl, who once described herself as a "mongrel," aspired to be like her idol, Madonna, and knew she wanted more from life than Watford could offer.
By the late 1980s, she was on her way, first to Majorca where she became a model, and then to Turkey for a stint as a game show hostess. On the road to success, she worked as a club dancer, an aerobics instructor, a cleaner and a barmaid. In March 1994, the ex-topless model responded to an ad, and joined "The Spice Girls." Naturally endowed with strong leadership abilities, Geri quickly gained a reputation as the girl who spoke her mind, to anyone and about anything. Described as "heaps of fun to be with," she was a fan favorite. The group starred in 1997’s "Spiceworld," but by mid-1998, there were rumors of discontent, and Halliwell abruptly announced she was leaving the group, saying later, "I had to go, get my feet back on the ground."
Once on her own, she underwent a radical transformation. Formerly described as naughty, bossy and totally independent, Geri now adopted a natural, demure look. She sold the outfits she wore as Ginger Spice, and raised £150,000 for Sergeant Cancer Care for Children. She traveled to Uganda for "Comic Relief," and in the fall of 1998, she was appointed a Goodwill Ambassador by the United Nations. In mid-1999, she released her first solo album, "Schizophonic," and signed a multi-million dollar contract with EMI Records.
At age 18, she had a benign tumor removed from her breast; as a result, she became active in raising breast cancer awareness. Halliwell has a tattoo of a black panther and a sun on her back, as well as a pierced navel, which reportedly took six months to heal.
On 3/14/2001, Geri's driving license was suspended for sic months for driving her Aston Martin DB7 double the speed limit north of London.
The former Spice Girl welcomed her daughter Bluebell Madonna on May 14, 2006 at 9 pm in London. The father is rumored to be Sacha Gervaise.
- business associate/partner relationship with Beckham, Victoria (born 17 April 1974). Notes: Members of The Spice Girls
- business associate/partner relationship with Brown, Melanie (born 29 May 1975). Notes: Members of The Spice Girls
- business associate/partner relationship with Chisholm, Melanie (born 12 January 1974). Notes: Members of The Spice Girls
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1997 ("Spiceworld")
- Social : Left group 1998 ("Spice Girls")
- Work : New Job 1998 (Goodwill Ambassador)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1999 ("Schizophonic")
- Social Crime Perpetration 14 March 2001 (Driving license suspended, six months)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 14 May 2006 at 9:00 PM in London (Daughter Bluebell Madonna)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Frank C. Clifford quotes Barry Street of Equinox Book Shop, from Halliwell who is an astrology fan and often pops into the shop. He confirmed the data by a contact at MTV.
The birthtime of baby Bluebell Madonna was reported at http://news.celebritywonder.com/2006/05/15/Congrats_to_Geri_Halliwell.html , pointed to by an anonymous forum member.
- Traits : Body : Hair (Red)
- Traits : Personality : Attention seeking (Tattoos and peircings)
- Traits : Personality : Charismatic
- Traits : Personality : Humorous, Witty
- Traits : Personality : Loved by all (Fan-favorite)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Benign tumor in breast)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fifth of five)
- Passions : Sexuality : Sex Organs (Breast tumor)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Social crime/ delinquent (Drivers license suspended)
- Vocation : Beauty : Model (Initially, topless)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Game show host)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Dancer/ Teacher (Club dancer)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo ("Spice Girls")
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Food and Beverage : Bartender (Barmaid)