Haile Selassie, Emperor
|born on||22 July 1891 at 06:13 (= 06:13 AM )|
|Place||Harar, Ethiopia, 9n18, 42e08|
|Timezone||LMT m42e08 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||29°00' 06°43 Asc. 03°49'|
Ethiopian emperor, one of the last of the absolute monarchs, who gave Ethiopia a democratic constitution in 1955. Attacked by Fascist Italy in 1935, he escaped to exile in England, 1941, until British forces liberated Ethiopia during WW II and restored him to the throne.
Haile Selassie assumed the throne in 1930 and forged a modern state out of an ancient land of feuding chieftains. During a reign of peace and prosperity, modern education was introduced in the oldest independent state in Africa. In the 1974 revolution, he was deposed by the regime of Col. Mengistu Haile Mariam who was accused by the emperor's personal servants of killing the emperor. Since then, Ethiopia has suffered greatly with a cataclysmic famine 1984-85 and the ousting of Menigistu in 1991.
It was not until 11/05/2000 that Haile Selassie was placed in a waiting crypt appropriate to his honor in an ornate ceremony, 17 years after he had died under house arrest.
Haile Selassie died on 8/27/1975, possibly from a prostate condition though the Haile Selassie I Foundation claims that he was assassinated.
- Work : Great Achievement 1955 (Ethiopian constitution)
- Family : Change residence 1941 (Escaped war to exile in England)
- Work : Gain social status 1930 (Emperor of Ethiopia)
- Work : Lose social status 1974 (Disposed by Col. Mengistu Haile Mariam)
- Death, Mysterious 27 August 1975 (Possibly of a prostate condition or assassinated, age 94)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Modern Astrology July 1936 quotes data from the Emperor's private secretary, given as the date of 16th Hamle, year 7384 Abyssinian, computer to a modern July 22, 1891 NS. Time of 6:00 AM Ethiopian time from a French magazine which stated Church Records.
(The time tends to be somewhat shaky due to the translation from an Abyssinian calendar. British Journal of Astrology gave July 17, 1891, 11:30 AM and the editor remaked that L'Astrosophie had July 24, 1891 "but it needs to be authenticated." SS #420 gives July 23, 1891, 11:15 AM LMT at Addis Abera. Two encyclopedias gave 1892.)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Ethiopia)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 94)
- Lifestyle : Work : Same Job more than 10 yrs (44 years as emperor)