Gray, Harry J.
|Birthname||Harry Jack Grusin|
|born on||18 November 1919|
|Place||Milledgeville GA, USA, 33n04, 83w13|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
American production manufacturer and CEO of United Technologies, a subsidiary of American Medical Holdings. He came from a traumatic childhood. His mother died when he was six and his father went broke. The family moved to Chicago, IL and his father abandoned him and his sister, who was 15 years older than he at the time. Although his sister nearly left him in an orphanage, she decided to let him stay in her apartment with her. He was nine years old and credits his early upbringng with becoming a self-starter. Heearned a BS in Marketing and Journalism while working as a waiter and diswasher. When WWII broke out he joined the military, earning a silver star in the process. He earned his master's degree in 1947 and in 1951 changed his name to Gray. Joining the world of business, he worked his way up the corporate ladder, marrying and divorcing twice. He married his third wife in 1978 and the marriage lasted until his death. He joined United Aircraft and under his leadership beginning in 1971 the company became United Technologies, a huge conglomerate. He died on July 8, 2009 in Hartford, CT, age 89.
- Relationship : Marriage 1978 (Third marriage)
- Work : Gain social status 1971 (Became head of United Aircraft)
Paul Hewitt collection; PT quotes NY Times obituary for the same date and place (and for his birth name) although the obituary gave Milligedville Crossroads as the town of birth.
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (CEO)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Product Marketing
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Personal : Misc. : Changed name
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs