|Birthname||Amy Lee Grant|
|born on||25 November 1960 at 03:24 (= 03:24 AM )|
|Place||Augusta, Georgia (US), 33n28, 82w01|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||03°05' 29°11 Asc. 15°27'|
American country singer and songwriter, well known in Christian music circles as she put out gospel albums for a decade before crossing over to popular success with the 1991 platinum effort, "Heart in Motion." As a gospel singer, she featured words of joy over smiley-face melodies such as her LP "House of Love," released August 1994.
The youngest of four kids of a prominent Nashville cancer specialist and his wife, Amy grew up wanting to have a family, live on a farm and play guitar and sing. With a natural talent, she had her first record contract at 15.
In 1982 she married Gary Chapman, also known in the Christian music genre. They had three kids, Matthew, Millie and Sarah. Their marriage seemed heaven-made. Grant had already recorded Chapman's song "Father's Eyes" when they met at a party in 1979. When they wed, it was at the time that Grant's breakthrough Christian album "Age to Age" was scaling the charts and Chapman often accompanied Grant on tours. It was sorry news when rumors of a rift began to circulate in the '90s and their friends hoped that they would work through it but the couple announced on 12/30/1998 that they had come to the end of their 16-year marriage. In the fall of 1999 she started seeing Vince Gill, another award-winning country singer, appearing with him at his annual charity golf tournament in Oklahoma City. They married 3/10/2000, 4:30 PM in Nashville. Besides her three children, (one boy and two girls,) he has a teen daughter by his first marriage.
On 6/12/1995, during a routine eye exam, she learned that she had a detached retina in her right eye. She cancelled 17 concerts and had eye surgery three days later to repair and save her vision.
Grant had a baby girl on 3/12/2001, her fourth child and the first with Vince Gill.
In th autumn of 2005, Grant became host of a new TV show, a dream-granting reality series, "Three Wishes."
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1979 (Met Gary Chapman at a party)
- Relationship : Marriage 1982 (Gary Chapman)
- Relationship : Meet a significant person 1993 in Tulsa (Met Vince Gill)
- Relationship : End significant relationship 30 December 1998 (Announced separation from Gary Chapman)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Begin significant relationship October 1999 (Started relationship with Vince Gill)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Stephen Przybylowski quotes B.C.
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Surgery (Detached retina)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fourth of four)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (16 years, divorce)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Four kids, one step-daughter)
- Lifestyle : Social Life : Sports (Golf, handicap in 20-22 range)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Country-Western
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Gospel)
- Notable : Awards : Grammy (Five-time Grammy winner)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women