|born on||6 October 1949|
|Place||Richmond VA, USA, 37n33, 77w27|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
American politician, governor of Virginia and US presidential hopeful early in the 2008 race who ended his bid on July 14, 2007.
Gimore is a conservative Republican. After graduation from college, he enlisted in the Army where he served in the Intelligence Forces. After his discharge, he earned a law degree from the University of Virginia School of Law, where he had become active in the Republican Party. He subsequently served as chariman of the Republican National Committee. In 1977 newly armed with a law degree, Gilmore entered private practice. Ten years later he ran for and won the office of county prosecutor. He was re-elected in 1991. In 1993 he was elected to the office of the state Attorney General. Four years later, in 1997, he was elected Governor of the state. On December 19, 2006, he announced the formation of a presidential exploratory committee.
He and his wife Roxane have two sons, Jay and Ashton.
- Work : Gain social status 1987 (First public office, public prosecutor)
- Work : Gain social status 1993 (Elected to state Attorney General)
- Work : Gain social status 1997 (Elected Governor of Virginia)
PT quotes his website for date and place, no time
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two)
- Vocation : Politics : Public office