|born on||22 December 1949 at 03:15 (= 03:15 AM )|
|Place||Douglas, Isle of Man, 54n09, 4w28|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||29°57' 00°29 Asc. 00°16'|
British-American vocalist, the non-identical twin of Maurice. With their brother Andy, they formed the Bee Gees in 1960 in Manchester, England. The original group had former child actor Colin Peterson on drums and Vince Melouney on guitar when he joined them in London.
The family had emigrated to Australia in 1958. The brothers first performed on stage in their home city as pre-teens, encouraged by their dad, Hugh, a bandleader. After winning a radio talent contest, the three boys graduated to hosting their own TV show. Their first record, "Three Kisses of Love," a single in 1963 was mildly successful. By 1966 they were a top local group but with market limitations. An Australian promoter took the band to the U.K. in 1967 as a challenge to the Beatles. They scored with hits almost immediately.
For a period the three brothers had a falling out and Robin went solo for a while with "Robin's Reign." He reunited with his brothers in late 1970.
Robin and his second wife, Dwina, settled in Miami Beach in the late '70s, neighbors with the rest of the family. A voracious reader of military and political histories, he and Dwina spend at least half the year in a converted 10th-century monastery near Oxford. By 2000, he, Maurice and Barry had rare public appearances. He died on Sunday 20 May 2012 from colon cancer.
- parent relationship with Gibb, Barbara (born 17 November 1920)
- sibling relationship with Gibb, Barry (born 1 September 1946)
- Family : Change residence 1958 (Family move to Australia)
- Work : New Career 1963 (Debut of first record)
- Health : Medical diagnosis August 2010 (colon cancer, later also cancer of liver)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Brother; drug overdose, died)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Brothers noted)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Work with brothers)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Personal : Birth : Twin, triplet, etc. (Twins, fraternal)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Bee Gees)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Music)
- Notable : Awards : Guinness Book of Records (Most successful family vocal group in history)
- Notable : Famous : Notable extremes (Most successful family vocal group in history)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection