Difference between revisions of "Gibb, Maurice"
m (derived relationship update from: Gibb, Berry)
|Line 129:||Line 129:|
Revision as of 09:19, 21 May 2012
|born on||22 December 1949 at 03:50 (= 03:50 AM )|
|Place||Douglas, Isle of Man, 54n09, 4w28|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||29°59' 00°48 Asc. 06°11'|
British-American musician, one of three brothers who formed the Bee Gees. In their 20-year career they wrote more than 1000 published songs and established a recording studio in Miami, FL. He and Barry had a falling out with Robin, who went solo with "Robin's Reign," but when his career foundered, they reunited as a trio in late 1970. They sold two million American singles in 1971 but then languished.
In the mid-70s the disco explosion revived the group and made them superstars. Their authorized biography, "The Illustrated Bee Gees" was published in 1979.
Maurice married the singer Lulu 2/18/1969; they separated in 1973 and later divorced.
Their younger brother, Andy, following his brothers into stardom but got heavily into drugs and died on 3/10/1988. Maurice took warning and by 2000, celebrated a decade of sobriety. He and his second wife, Yvonne, have a daughter, Sami, 20, he fronts her Miami band and often collaborates on songs with her brother Adam, 25. The entire family settled as neighbors in Miami Beach, FL.
Maurice's death at 53 at a Miami Beach hospital was unexpected. He had been admitted to the hospital the prior Wednesday and had surgery on Thurs. On the way to emergency surgery for a blocked intestine, he had cardiac arrest on 1/12/2003.
- parent relationship with Gibb, Barbara (born 17 November 1920)
- spouse relationship with Lulu (born 3 November 1948)
- sibling relationship with Gibb, Andy (born 5 March 1958)
- sibling relationship with Gibb, Berry (born 29 September 1964)
- sibling relationship with Gibb, Robin (born 22 December 1949). Notes: non-identical twins
- other kin relationship with Gibb, Barry (born 1 September 1946)
B.C. in hand from Steinbrecher
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Brother; drug overdose, died)
- Family : Childhood : Sibling circumstances (Brothers noted)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Work with brothers)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Personal : Birth : Twin, triplet, etc. (Twins)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Bee Gees)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Song writer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Business : Entertain Producer (Music)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Notable : Awards : Guinness Book of Records (Most successful family vocal group in history)
- Notable : Famous : Notable extremes (Most successful family vocal group in history)
- Notable : Book Collection : Culture Collection