Getty, J. Paul
|born on||15 December 1892 at 08:43 (= 08:43 AM )|
|Place||Minneapolis MN, USA, 44n58, 93w15|
|Timezone||LMT m93w15 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||24°10' 13°31 Asc. 09°24'|
American entrepreneur in real estate and the oil business whose estate was valued at $2 to $4 billion.
An only child, he was raised by a mother who was deaf and dour and he grew indifferent toward her. His dad was a strong influence, a hard-working Christian Scientist who amassed considerable wealth in the oil business. In 1914, he worked in his dad's oil fields for a year, after which he bought an interest in an Oklahoma field where he began his own production. At his dad's death, he inheriting $15 million that he parlayed into an empire.
In 1953 he became the world's richest man by striking oil in the Middle East but was notoriously cheap, at one time putting a pay phone in his English castle for house guests to use. Also vain, he had periodic facial cosmetic surgery.
With a strong sex drive, he was a lifelong philanderer noted for his prowess and it was reported in a biography that he had a penis close to 9" long. He married five times to women who gave him five sons, George, Ronald, J. Paul II, Gordon and Timmy. The family was too dysfunctional to be called a dynasty, but splintered into generations of divorce, drug abuse and suicide. When his oldest grandson was kidnapped by Italian gangsters in 1973, Getty responded with the same hard edge that made him the world's wealthiest man. He refused to pay the demanded $3.2 million, afraid that doing so would jeopardize the lives of all of his kin. The kidnappers hacked off 16-year-old Jean Paul III's right ear and mailed it to a Rome newspaper. The boy was released when Getty reluctantly loaned the boy's dad part of the money - at 4% interest.
Getty was afraid of flying. He wrote three autobiographies. His primary hobby was that of filling his country estate with mistresses - as many as five at a time in residence. He made a parlor game out of revising his will, manipulating obsequious by promising reward. Finally, he left half of his estate to is museum.
After his death there were a series of law suits generated over his money. He died of cancer of the prostate on 6/06/1976, near London.
In December 1997, the $1 billion Getty Center opened in Los Angles with a world-class collection of classical art. Getty was an avid art collector and left $700 million for the creation of the extraordinary museum.
- other kin relationship with Getty, George Franklin (born 9 July 1924)
- other kin relationship with Getty, Paul Balthazar (born 22 January 1975)
- child relationship with Getty, Gordon (born 20 December 1933)
- child relationship with Getty, Timothy (born 14 June 1946)
- Death by Disease 6 June 1976 (Prostate Cancer, age 83)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Family trauma 1973 (Grandson kidnapped for ransom)
Helen Allen quotes Ralph Hewins, "The Richest American," 1960, p.38, "Ten days before Christmas, 1892, father knew at 9:00 AM that Sarah was safely delivered of their son."
- Vocation : Business : CPA/ Auditor/ Accountant (Financier, accountant)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (CEO)
- Vocation : Miscellaneous : Outdoor vocations (Oil drilling)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Phobias (Fear of flying)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Invest/ Property
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Five)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Cosmetic surgery (Face lifts)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Cancer (Prostrate)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Inheritance
- Vocation : Business : Entrepreneur
- Lifestyle : Financial : Wealthy
- Notable : Book Collection : American Book
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Great wealth and power)
- Passions : Sexuality : Extremes in quantity (Strong sex drive)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 83)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Five)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event (Timmy died at 12)
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer (Three autobiographies)
- Family : Childhood : Only child
- Family : Parenting : Abusive - Neglectful
- Passions : Sexuality : Sex Organs (Large penis)