|Birthname||Chevallier, Sulpice Guillaume|
|born on||13 January 1804 at 23:00 (= 11:00 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||22°39' 05°47 Asc. 05°15'|
French painter, caricaturist, lithographer, draftsman and illustrator. He studied mathematics and engineering, worked for an architect and for a manufacturer of precision instruments before his first published lithograph in 1824. Gavarni gained popularity with his contributions to fashion magazines and satirical journals, 1830-1847. In 1833 he founded and directed "Le Journal des gens du monde," which soon failed and caused his imprisonment for debt in 1835. His later work revealed a bitterly satirical social view.
Gavarni died 11/24/1866; Paris, France.
- Death, Cause unspecified 24 November 1866 (Age 62)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : New Job 1824 (Published his first lithograph)
- Work : New Job 1830 (Began as illustrator for magazines and journals, 17 yrs.)
- Work : Start Business 1833 (Founded and directed own business, failed)
- Social : Institutionalized - prison, hospital 1835 (Incarcerated into debtors prison)
Gauquelin Vol. 4/442
- Vocation : Art : Fine art artist (Painter)
- Vocation : Art : Commercial artist (Illustrator and lithographer)
- Vocation : Art : Cartoonist (Caricaturist)
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Short term)
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Prison sentence (Debtors prison)