|born on||19 November 1917 at 23:11 (= 11:11 PM )|
|Place||Allahabad, India, 25n27, 81e51|
|Timezone||IST h5e30 (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||26°50' 28°18 Asc. 20°05'|
Indian politician: the P.M. of India 1966-1977. The daughter of Jawaharlal Nehru, she grew up with the impassioned politics of India's struggle for independence. Raised in the political goldfish bowl as the daughter of India's first prime minister, she was given an excellent education, studying history at Oxford and speaking excellent French all her life. In 1942, she married Feroze Gandhi (no relation to Mahandas Gandhi) against her father's wishes. They both went to prison for 13 months for political activism. Feroze, a shopkeeper's son, turned out to be an alcoholic and womanizer as well as a parliamentarian and journalist. His early death in 1960 enabled Gandhi to enter politics as a widow and not a divorcee.
In spite of Mohandas Gandhi's crusade of peaceful change, India's birth of independence was accompanied by chaos and bloodshed. Indira Gandhi traveled to the villages and countryside with grassroots politics. When Nehru served as the first Prime Minister, she acted as his hostess.
Gandhi followed her dad's lead into politics in 1966, serving as P.M. for 11 years until she was voted out; she later returned to political power. Of her two sons, Sanjay, who was being groomed for politics, was killed in plane crash, and her older son, Rajiv, was the one to succeed her.
Gandhi was assassinated in Delhi on 10/31/1984, 2:00 PM.
- business associate/partner relationship with Desai, Morarjee (born 29 February 1896)
- child relationship with Gandhi, Rajiv (born 20 August 1944)
- parent relationship with Nehru, Jawaharlal (born 14 November 1889)
- other kin relationship with Gandhi, Sonia (born 9 December 1946)
- has other family relationship with Gandhi, Priyanka (born 11 January 1972). Notes: granddaughter
- Relationship : Marriage 1942 (Feroze Gandhi)
- Death of Mate 1960 (Feroze Gandhi)
- Work : Gain social status 1966 (11 year term as P.M. of India)
Robert Jansky quotes her private secretary, "41 Ghatis 52 Phals and 23 Viphas = 11:11:14 PM IST." (Zip Dobyns obtained the time of 11:39 PM while she was in India, the same as given by Raman in the Indian Astrology magazine. Cahiers Astrologer 122 gives 3:40 PM on p.131.)
Biography: Pranay Gupte, "A Political Biographh of Indira Gandhi," Charles Scribner's Sons, 1992. Sy Scholfield gives "about 11 PM" from the book by Katherine Frank, "Indira: The Lif eof Indira Nehru Gandhi" (Boston/NY: Houghton Mifflin, 2002) which states that her grandmother emerged from the room to announce her birth at "around 11 PM."
- Traits : Personality : Principled strongly
- Family : Childhood : Family noted (Dad)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (18 years)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (One)
- Family : Relationship : Widowed
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Two sons)
- Family : Parenting : Kids -Traumatic event
- Passions : Criminal Perpetrator : Civil/ Political (Prison 13 months)
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political
- Vocation : Politics : Heads of state (P.M.)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Indian leader)
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women