Friedrich Wilhelm II, King of Prussia
|born on||25 September 1744 at 09:30 (= 09:30 AM )|
|Place||Berlin, Germany, 52n29, 13e21|
|Timezone||LMT m13e21 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°33' 12°45 Asc. 09°27'|
King of Prussia, from 1786 until his death on 16 November 1797. Pleasure-loving and indolent, he was the antithesis to his predecessor, Frederick II. Under his reign, Prussia was weakened internally and externally, and he failed to meet the challenges posed by the French Revolution. He was opposed to the Enlightenment, instead aiming to restore a traditional Protestantism. A patron of the arts (Beethoven and Mozart enjoyed his patronage), he oversaw the construction of notable buildings like the Brandenburger Tor in Berlin.
He married twice and had seven children by his second wife, while in an ongoing relationship with his mistress, Wilhelmine Enke (created Countess Wilhelmine von Lichtenau in 1796), a woman of strong intellect and much ambition, and had five children by her — the first when she was still in her teens.
- parent->child relationship with Friedrich Wilhelm III, King of Prussia (born 3 August 1770)
- parent->child relationship with Heinrich, Prince of Prussia (1781) (born 30 December 1781)
- spousal equivalent relationship with Wilhelmine, Countess von Lichtenau (born 29 December 1753). Notes: Official mistress
Sy Scholfield quotes "Elisabeth Christine, Königin von Preussen, Gemahlin Friedrichs des Grossen: eine Biographie" by Friedrich Wilhelm M. von Hahnke (G. Reimer, 1848), p. 95: "Die Geburt des ältesten Sohnes des Prinzen von Preußen, am 25. September 1744 Vormittags zwischen 9 und 10 Uhr, des nachherigen Königs Friedrich Wilhelm II., war ein höchst bedeutendes und erfreuliches Ereigniß, in dieser Zeit der Trauer und der Unruhe, für das könig- liche Haus und das gesammte Vaterland."
Translation: The birth of the eldest son of the Prince of Prussia, on September 25, 1744 in the morning between 9 and 10 o'clock, later King Friedrich Wilhelm II, was a most important and enjoyable event for the Royal house and the whole country in this time of grief and anxiety.
- Traits : Personality : Incompetent
- Traits : Personality : Other Personality (Pleasure-loving)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Philanthropist (Patron of the arts)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (House of Hohenzollern)