|born on||8 February 1956 at 14:07 (= 2:07 PM )|
|Place||Arlington (Arlington County), Virginia, 38n53, 77w07|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||19°01' 14°44 Asc. 07°09'|
American astrologer, wife of Steven Forrest and co-author with him of "Skymates." She co-wrote the text for AIR Software's "The Sky We Share" and "The Single Sky" synastry reports. She has maintained a thriving astrological practice since June 1983, has published in all the major astrological journals, and has taught astrology at Omega Institute for Holistic Studies and at the NY Open Center. She founded Seven Paws Press in May 1995; its list achieved national distribution immediately and international distribution in 2002.
Also a novelist, Jodie published "The Bridge" in November 1998, completing her historical fantasy trilogy that began with "The Rhymer and the Ravens" in 1995, then "The Elves' Prophecy" in 1998. She started the Forrests' website in 1997 and still manages it. She's taught writing and tutors astrology students as well as seeing clients. Writing fiction is a major hobby, as are playing keyboard and electric bass.
Jodie was the fifth of five children born to a Federal employee and a homemaker. Her brother died in Viet Nam on 8/10/1970. In May 1982, she completed her M.A. in French and Spanish literature at UNC-Chapel Hill in NC, where she graduated Phi Beta Kappa and with highest honors in French in May 1979. She has worked as a foreign language teacher and volunteered as a progressive rock DJ.
Jodie taught herself to read before she began kindergarten. She started studying astrology at age eight and never stopped. She lived in France on a scholarship from 1979-1980. On 12/16/1981, she met Steven Forrest who was practicing astrology full time. She joined his practice full time in June 1983. Her father died on 5/09/1990. She published her first novel in Nov 1995, her second in Nov 1996 and her third in Nov 1998. She founded Seven Paws Press in May 1995 and started the Forrests' website in 1997, which she still manages.
Jodie married Steven Forrest on 1/07/1984. They have no children.
Jodie has allergies and asthma. On 10/12/1978, she almost died from a severe asthma attack. Other severe attacks occurred in late May 1997, 5/16/2001, and Feb. 2002. Acupuncture, exercise and a dry climate all afford some relief from the asthma/allergies.
After a long separation and finally divorce from Steven Forrest, Jodie remarried in the autumn of 2012, and changed her name. She keeps using the last name Forrest for astrology and for the books she has written.
- spouse relationship with Forrest, Steven (born 6 January 1949). Notes: divorced 2012
- Family : Change residence 1979 (Moved to France on scholarship)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1997 (Started their website)
- Relationship : Divorce dates 2012 (from Steven Forrest)
LMR quotes her by email 7/1999, B.C., rectified to 1:57:40 by Alphee Lavoie, Stephen and her.
(Formerly, in error, Lorraine Welsh quoted her in GN Fall/l989, for 2/11/1956, rectified from a given time of 2:00 PM.)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Asthma (Severe and critical attacks)
- Family : Childhood : Order of birth (Fifth of five)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Husband Steven Forrest)
- Family : Parenting : Kids none
- Vocation : Business : Business owner (Own publishing company)
- Vocation : Computer : Web site design (Webmaster)
- Vocation : Occult Fields : Astrologer (Pro)
- Vocation : Writers : Astrology (Books)
- Vocation : Writers : Magazine/ newsletter
- Vocation : Writers : Sci-Fi/ Fantasy/ Horror (Trilogy)