Foley, Laurence Michael
|born on||5 October 1942 at 09:47 (= 09:47 AM )|
|Place||Boston MA, USA, 42n21, 71w03|
|Timezone||EWT h4w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||11°41' 16°17 Asc. 15°59'|
American long time diplomat and worker for peace, Foley was killed on 10/28/2002 in Amman, Jordan at about 7:20 AM EET. An official with the U.S. Agency for International Development, Foley was entering his car headed for the U.S. Embassy when he was struck with six bullets. His wife of 34 years heard the shots and called the authorities.
Foley served as a Peace Corps volunteer in India for two years in the mid-60s, and then earned a Master's Degree in Rehab Counseling from San Francisco State University in 1969. Following his graduation, he served as a Probation Officer in California. In 1980 he once again joined the Peace Corps, this time serving in the Philippines. In 1984, he returned to the U.S. to work for Rehabilitation Services of Northern California. He joined the Agency for International Development in 1988 and in 1990 was appointed to the position of Supervisory Executive Officer, stationed in Bolivia, followed by positions in Peru, Harare, Zimbabwe and finally Amman. In addition to his wife, Foley leaves two daughters, a son and two grandsons. A colleague described Foley as a "highly decorated foreign service officer" and said "he will be remembered even more vividly by all those who knew him for his charm, wit and friendship."
- Death by Homicide 28 October 2002 at 07:20 AM in Amman, Jordan (Shot/killed, age 60)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Social : End a program of study 1969 (Master's Degree from San Francisco State)
- Social : Joined group 1980 (Peace Corp in Phillipines)
- Work : New Job 1984 (Rehabilitation Services of Northern California)
- Work : New Job 1988 (Agency for International Development)
- Work : Gain social status 1990 (Appointed Supervisory Executive Officer)
Frances McEvoy quotes B.C., The Astrologer's Newsletter Nov 2002
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three, two girls and one boy)
- Vocation : Politics : Diplomat (International)
- Vocation : Healing Fields : Counselor/ Therapist (Rehabilitation services)
- Vocation : Business : Top executive (Supervisory Executive Officer)
- Vocation : Business/Marketing : Public relations (Peace Corp)
- Traits : Personality : Gracious/ sociable
- Passions : Criminal Victim : Homicide victim