|born on||9 January 1898 at 01:15 (= 01:15 AM )|
|Place||Rochdale, England, 53n38, 2w09|
|Timezone||GMT h0w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||18°51' 00°21 Asc. 24°05'|
British actress and popular comedienne on the stage, in film and on Victrola records. She was beloved during her tours in WW II Born to a poor working family, she decided at seven to be an actress. She first worked with a vaudeville troupe for 25 cents a week; 30 years later making a million a year from her plays, films and records.
"Our Grycie" starred in the revue "Mr. Tower of London" in 1918, a thumping success. One of the stars of the revue was Archie Pitts whom she married in 1929. She made a film debut in 1931, "Sally in Our Alley." After 1935 she divorced Pitts and married director Monty Banks, who engineered her entry into American films. They bought a villa in Capri and opened a small restaurant there; he left her a widow in 1950. She later met Bortis Alperviki, a radio repairman five years her junior, and married him.
She was made a Dame of the British Empire in 1978, at age 80.
Fields died of pneumonia 9/27/1979, Capri, Italy.
- Death, Cause unspecified 27 September 1979 (Age 81)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Prize 1978 (Dame of the British Empire, age 80)
Astrology Quarterly quotes her mom, Spring/1951. (Sabian Symbols No.337 gives 7:00 AM. Margaret Hone's collection had 11:00 PM. Fowler's writes that "Attempts to clarify the birth time produced a letter from Fields stating that she did not know.")
- Vocation : Writers : Autobiographer
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress (Stage and film)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Comedy
- Family : Childhood : Disadvantaged (Poor, working family)
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 81)
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Pneumonia (Terminal)
- Notable : Awards : Knighted (Dame of the British Empire, age 80)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Vaudeville and revues)