Difference between revisions of "Fabares, Shelley"
m (derived relationship update from: Petersen, Paul)
|Line 78:||Line 78:|
|Pbdate=23 September 1945
|Pbdate=23 September 1945
Revision as of 23:57, 23 August 2012
|Birthname||Michele Ann Marie Fabares|
|born on||19 January 1944 at 04:25 (= 04:25 AM )|
|Place||Santa Monica, California, 34n01, 118w29|
|Timezone||PWT h7w (is war time)|
|Astrology data||28°16' 07°53 Asc. 06°57'|
American actress best known for her early all-American teenager role on the 1950s TV sitcom, "The Donna Reed Show."
Born into a showbiz family, she is the niece of actress Nanette Fabray. Her mother, Elsa, got Shelley into modeling at age three, leading to appearances on television. She became a teen star from her role as the daughter of Donna Reed and in 1962 had a pop hit single, "Johnny Angel." Her father, James, a real estate broker, died in 1977.
During the mid-1960s she costarred with Elvis Presley in "Girl Happy," "Spinout" and "Clambake." In the 1970s, she returned to TV sitcoms appearing as Danny Thomas's daughter-in-law in the "The Practice," as a wheelchair-ridden tyrant in "Forever Fernwood" and as Bonnie Franklin's bitchy business partner in "One Day at a Time." She most recently starred in a long-running TV series, "Coach." All who have worked with Fabares agree that she is a genuinely nice person.
Fabares had a first marriage to record mogul Lou Adler. In 1984 she married TV actor, Mike Farrell which has developed into one of Hollywood's successful marriages as the two compliment each other. Farrell states that she has a light side that lifts him out dark moods and Fabares says that Farrell grounds her and provided the strength and "safe harbor" she needed when in 1986 she had to deal with troubled times. There was the untimely death of coworker and friend Donna Reed of pancreatic cancer, and the deterioration of her mother's health with Alzheimer's Disease.
In 1998 an autoimmune form of hepatitis began ravaging her liver, causing internal bleeding and putting her on the list for a liver transplant. Shortly before midnight on 10/22/2000, she and her husband, Mike, got word that a donor liver had been found and the next morning, she had a nine-hour surgery. An organic food devotee who avoids alcohol and exercises regularly, Fabares first learned that she had a liver abnormality in 1993. Her outlook has always been as gracious as her character.
- business associate/partner relationship with Petersen, Paul (born 23 September 1945). Notes: Co-stars on "The Donna Reed Show"
- business associate/partner relationship with Reed, Donna (born 27 January 1921). Notes: Co-stars on "The Donna Reed Show"
- spouse relationship with Farrell, Mike (born 6 February 1939)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1962 (Hit single "Johnny Angel")
- Death of Father 1977
- Relationship : Marriage 1984 (Second marriage Mike Farrell)
- Other Misc. 1986 (Difficult year, lost friend to cancer, mom's health deteriorates)
- Health : Chronic illness 1993 (First learned of liver abnormality)
- Misc. : Trauma from Nature 17 January 1994 (Home damaged in L.A. earthquake)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Gauquelin Book of American Charts
- Traits : Body : Diet unusual (Organic food, no alcohol)
- Family : Childhood : Family traumatic event (Mom suffered with Alzheimers)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy (Second marriage Mike Farrell)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Noted (Business partner Elvis Presley, married to Mike Farrell)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Beauty : Model (From age three)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Modeling at three)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star ("Coach," "Donna Reed Show")
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Hit song "Johnny Angel")