Edward I, King of England
|born on||17 June 1239 Jul.Cal. at 23:30 (= 11:30 PM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||LMT m0w10 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°40' 01°38 Asc. 18°38'|
British royalty, the son of Henry III, whom he succeeded in 1272. He devoted most of his reign attempting to conquer Scotland, but at the same time consolidated the power and authority of the British Isles. A legal reformer, he codified statutes already in effect.
Handsome, tall at 6 ' 2", tough and athletic, he was a knight of the first order. Brave and imposing, he was a good strategist in battle.
In October 1254, at the age of 15, he entered into an arranged marriage with ten-year-old Eleanor, the daughter of the King of Castile. They were happy and fruitful with 15 kids. She died in late 1290. In September 1299 he married Margaret, the sister of the King of France, 43 years his junior.
Edward named his eldest son Prince of Wales in 1301; the boy later ruled as Edward II.
While on a journey north to fight the Scots, Edward died of dysentery at Burgh-on-Sands 7/07/1307.
- child relationship with Edward II, King of England (born 2 May 1284 (greg.))
Martin Harvey in Nativitas II quotes several reference pages of various historians that gave June 17th and 18th, even in one case June 16th but concludes from his evidence at hand that the birth was late at night on Friday, 17 June 1239.
Formerly, Martin Harvey had quoted several Latin mms and historic records for June 18 OS, "late at night," given in AJ Summer 1972.
(Penfield Collection gives June 17 OS "very late at night," rectified to 11:17 PM LMT "according to most sources, including a biography by Prestwick." Britannica gives June 17.)
- Family : Childhood : Advantaged (Aristocracy)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (First marriage 35 years)
- Family : Relationship : Marriage - Very happy (First marriage noted as happy)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Second wife age 17 to his 60)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Other relationship (First marriage arranged, age 15 to wife, 10)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (15)
- Notable : Famous : Royal family (Britain)