|born on||11 February 1847 at 01:30 (= 01:30 AM )|
|Place||Milan OH, USA, 41n17, 82w36|
|Timezone||LMT m82w36 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||21°59' 24°54 Asc. 27°19'|
American inventor who patented over a thousand inventions that included an electric voice recorder, 1868, a phonograph, 1877, an incandescent electric lamp, 1879, a movie projector, 1891 and a talking motion picture in 1913, an incredible creative genius.
He was a sickly child and after a bout with scarlet fever, began to lose his hearing. By 12, he was completely deaf in one ear and gradually lost the hearing in the other by his last years. His schooling was limited to three months of elementary school, which he left after hearing a teacher call him "addled." To satisfy his hunger for learning, he was a lifetime voracious reader.
Edison's first wife died, leaving him with three kids. He was a distracted, impatient father and more harsh with those children than with the three he had with his second wife. He chewed tobacco, which left his teeth brown, and dressed carelessly. He slept little and worked incessantly.
Edison died of uremic poisoning on 10/18/1931, West Orange, NJ. His last words were reported to be "It is very beautiful over there."
- compare to chart of Communications: Pearl St. Sta. (born 4 September 1882)
- Death by Disease October 1931 (Uremic poisoning, age 84)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Work : Great Achievement 1868 (Electric voice recorder)
- Work : Great Achievement 1877 (Phonograph)
- Work : Great Achievement 1879 (Incandescent electric lamp)
- Work : Great Achievement 1891 (Movie projector)
- Work : Great Achievement 1913 (Talking motion picture)
Wilsons send on a letter to Buell Huggins from L.J. Russell, curator of the Edison Museum referring the question of Edison's birth time to his daughter, Mrs. John E. Sloan. She said her dad's birth was probably 1:00 to 2:00 AM.
Leo in the Astrology Magazine, 1890, gives 11:33 PM "from his dad in 1878 to a pupil of Chaney's."
Sabian Symbols No.312 gives 11:38 PM. PC quotes Sabian Symbols No.312 for 11:55 PM.
LMR quotes biographer Jones in "Edison" (1907, p.1) "a cold day in February." A description continues of how his dad watched the busy street while waiting for his child's birth as wagons were carrying wheat to the canal for shipment." (Literary license or perhaps 1:30 PM?). In 2004, Larry Ely sends the following information: In checking up on his data from various biographies and astrological collections, I found important information that gives him an approximate birth time of between 1:00 am and 5:00 am. These are the sources where I found an approximate birth time:
1) Matthew Josephson in *Edison*, McGraw-Hill, NY, 1959, p. 12 says he "arrived in the world during the early hours of February 11, 1847, following a night of heavy snowfall". 2) Lawrence A. Frost in *The Edison Album*, Superior Pub. Co, Seattle, 1969, p. 15 says concerning his birth hour: "It was early in the morning of February 11, 1847." 3) Neil Baldwin in *Edison: Inventing the Century*, Hyperion, NY, 1995, p. 17 says Edison's father knocked on Dr. Galpin's door, a neighbor, "on the snowy night of February 11, 1847". In May 2008 Sy Scholfield obtained a time of 3 AM from Alfred Powell Morgan's book, 'The Pageant of Electricity' (D. Appleton-Century, 1939), p. 90: 'FEBRUARY 10, 1847 WAS A COLD, WINTRY DAY IN THE little canal village of Milan, Ohio. ... Thus it was in the midst of a blizzard at three o'clock in the morning of February 11 that Samuel Edison became the father of a sturdy boy, a pretty child with gray eyes like his mother.'
- Notable : Famous : Founder/ originator (Over a thousand inventions)
- Traits : Mind : Exceptional mind (Genius)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Dyslexia
- Personal : Death : Long life more than 80 yrs (Age 84)
- Notable : Famous : Historic figure (Inventor)
- Traits : Body : Constitution sensitive (Sickly child)
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Ears
- Traits : Mind : Education limited (Three months of formal education)
- Family : Parenting : Abusive - Neglectful (Poor parenting skills)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids more than 3 (Six)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Diabetes/ Hypoglycemia
- Diagnoses : Body Part Problems : Gastrointestinal (Gastric ulcer)
- Diagnoses : Major Diseases : Other Major diseases (Bright's Disease)