|Birthname||Durbin, Edna Mae|
|born on||4 December 1921 at 14:00 (= 2:00 PM )|
|Place||Winnipeg, Manitoba (CAN), 49n53, 97w09|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||12°09' 12°40 Asc. 13°13'|
American singer and actress who made her first film at 14. In the next five years she put out ten box-office hits, 1937-1942, one of Hollywood's brightest singing stars. Durbin met 16-year-older French director Charles Henri David who became her third husband 12/21/1950 and they retired to France, living in a picturesque two-story farmhouse in the Paris suburb of Neauphle-le-Chateau. She retained her Canadian citizenship, declines all interviews and travels widely.
Durbin has made it known that she did not like the Hollywood studio system. She has emphasized that she never identified herself with the public image that the media created around her. She speaks of the Deanna "persona" in the third person and considers the film character Deanna Durbin a by-product of her youth and not her true self [quoted from spokeo.com].
Durbin's husband of over 48 years, Charles David, died in Paris on March 1, 1999.
- Work : Retired 1942 (Left movies)
Wynn quotes an interview with her 6/l940, for birth in 1922.
As a reader pointed out by email, all internet sources accessible in 2012 give 1921 as birth year. It seems that 1922 was an error, which has now been corrected.
- Traits : Personality : Private
- Family : Relationship : Marriage more than 15 Yrs (Third husband, from 1950)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Three)
- Lifestyle : Home : Expatriate (U.S. and France)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Actor/ Actress
- Vocation : Entertainment : Child performer (Age 14)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Notable : Book Collection : Profiles Of Women