Dunn, Ronnie Gene
|born on||1 June 1953 at 00:50 (= 12:50 AM )|
|Place||Coleman TX, USA, 31n49, 99w25|
|Timezone||CST h6w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||10°28' 25°26 Asc. 04°29'|
American musician, country-western singer in a duo, Brooks and Dunn. The two teamed up in 1991 as a pair of rowdy, good natured country rockers. Their debut release, "Brand New Man," 1991, was the most successful debut album every released in country music, going multi-platinum. Kix Brooks was born as Leon Eric, 5/12/1956, Shreveport, LA.
Dunn was thrown out of Christian college for performing in honky-tonk clubs. He moved to Tulsa where he formed a band and recorded. He and Brooks were both trying to land solo deals in 1990 when they were introduced to each other by a rep from Fiesta Records. They clicked, creating a formidable combo. Dunn is less flamboyant but his vocal intensity matches Brook's manic leaps, duck walks and impassioned guitar.
Their second album, "Hard Working Man," 1993, also went platinum.
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1991 (First record released, Brand New Man)
Stephen Przybylowski quotes B.C.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Brooks and Dunn)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Country-Western
- Notable : Famous : Top 5% of Profession