De Staël, Madame
|Birthname||Anne Louise Germaine Necker|
|born on||22 April 1766 at 17:58 (= 5:58 PM )|
|Place||Paris, France, 48n52, 2e20|
|Timezone||LMT m2e20 (is local mean time)|
|Astrology data||02°33' 04°33 Asc. 22°00'|
French writer, an essayist and great supporter of the French revolution. She occupied herself with politics for her whole life and had a varying fortune, up and down.
The only child of an illustrious Calvinist family, Germaine was the daughter of Jacques Necker, a famed financier and minister of finance. A bright and literate young woman, she hoped to "link her fate with a great man." Instead, she married Baron de Stael, an unremarkable Swedish ambassador to France. They had two children to survive, even though her biographer makes it clear that the father of the children was not her husband. From the beginning of her marriage, Germaine pursued an independent intellectual and sensual lifestyle, both a literary career and various liaisons with distinguished men.
Her most significant and lasting affair was with the brilliant politician and writer Benjamin Constant. After her husband's death, she secretly married a man of 24 and had her last child at age 44.
A vivid, if not overpowering personality, she was a charming and engaging conversationalist whose theories were well ahead of her time. Her novels were noted, "Delphine" and "Corinne." Germaine de Stael was also a pushy, overpowering and at times bombastic personality.
She died 7/14/1817, Paris.
- Death, Cause unspecified 14 July 1817 at 12:00 noon in Paris, France (Age 51)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
Taeger Lexikon Vol 4 quotes B.C.
Biography: Sayne Andrew, "Germaine: A Portrait of Madame de Stael."
- Traits : Personality : Eccentric (Unconventional for her time)
- Family : Relationship : Mate - Age difference more than 15 yrs (Second husband some 20 years younger)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Relationship : Stress - Extramarital affairs (Took lovers of her choice)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Extreme ups and downs
- Vocation : Politics : Activist/ political (Revolution supporter, involved in politics)
- Vocation : Writers : Fiction (Essayist)