|Birthname||Newton Edward Daniels|
|born on||6 April 1938 at 04:30 (= 04:30 AM )|
|Place||Middlesbrough, England, 54n35, 1w14|
|Timezone||GMT h0e (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||15°44' 26°40 Asc. 03°24'|
British entertainer, magician and former government employee. Daniel's total engrossment in learning the art of magic began at the age of 11. From 22, he worked in a mime act with his brother Trevor at various working men's clubs while holding his day-job as an internal auditor in an local government office.
Even though he arrived on TV at a time when magicians were stale and on the way out, Daniels has managed to corner the market and remain the only high-profile magician on TV. Guarding his territory, his show "The Paul Daniels Magic Show" began in 1979 and has won the Golden Rose Award at the 1985 Montreaux TV Festival. In comparison to American magicians, Daniels feats are modest, but he still remains a popular performer and has also acted as host for a number of quiz shows.
His catch phrase, "You'll like it. Not a lot. But you'll like it," started with his debut on the TV show "Opportunity Knocks" and has been well known since.
- Work : Begin Major Project 1979 (Own TV show started)
- Work : Prize 1985 (Golden Rose Award at the Montreux TV Festival)
Frank C. Clifford quotes him, time from his parents, given in British Entertainers, Flare Publications 1997
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Worked with brother originally)
- Vocation : Business : CPA/ Auditor/ Accountant (Local government auditor, initially)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Magic (Popular magician)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Mime (With brother)
- Vocation : Entertainment : Night Club/ Vaudeville (Men's clubs)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV host/ Personality (Quiz shows)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (His own show)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Golden Rose Award)