|born on||1 March 1944 at 02:00 (= 02:00 AM )|
|Place||London, England, 51n30, 0w10|
|Timezone||GDT h1e (is daylight saving time)|
|Astrology data||10°20' 00°30 Asc. 28°44'|
British musician, singer and actor. Daltry was a member of "The Who" considered by some to be the best Rock and Roll band ever. Roger joined John Entwistle and Pete Townsend as "The Detours" in 1962, adding Keith Moon in spring 1964 and changing their name to "The Who." Setting aside his guitar, Daltry used his raw energy and perfectly soulful voice to lead them to fame on ten studio albums. Daltry started acting in 1975 as the lead in "Tommy" a rock opera. Lisztomania in 1975, McVicar 1980 and "A Comedy of Errors" in London in the mid 1980's kept Daltry busy on stage. In 1983 Townsend broke up the band as he felt egos got in the way of the music.
In 1985, five years after the group disbanded, he finally got "The Who" out of his system with his album "After The Fire." It became his biggest solo album ever and launched two hit singles. His 1987 album "Can't Wait to See the Movie" is a striking departure from the rock'n'roll path of his Who days and prior album, more varied in style and textured. His singing retains its distinctive, powerful edge.
In 1986 Daltry did a series for British educational TV which was turned into a regular evening series for one of the commercial channels. In 1991 he played in the "Beggar's Opera" for British TV. Daltry performed two nights of "Who" songs at Carnegie Hall in New York on 2/23-24/1994 in honor of former band mate Pete Townshend.
Daltry married and had a son, Simon, born 1964. After a divorce he fathered Mathias in 1967 with another woman. In 1971 he married Heather, a model turned housewife. They have three kids, Rosie 1973, Willow 1975 and son Jamie 1981. They live on a farm in Sussex, England where he farms trout as a sideline.
- business associate/partner relationship with Jones, Kenny (born 16 September 1948)
- business associate/partner relationship with Entwistle, John (born 9 October 1944)
- business associate/partner relationship with Townshend, Pete (born 19 May 1945)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1985 (Solo album)
- Work : Published/ Exhibited/ Released 1987 (Second album released)
- Work : Begin Major Project 1986 (Educational TV series)
- Social : Left group 1980 (Group disbanded)
Debbi Kempton-Smith quotes his mom. His autobiography "Hope I Die Before I Get Old" gives "just before 2:00 AM."
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (The Who)
- Lifestyle : Work : Work in team/ Tandem (Musical group)
- Notable : Book Collection : Occult/ Misc. Collection
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc. (Lead singer)
- Vocation : Entertainment : TV series/ Soap star (Educational TV series, secondary)
- Vocation : Miscellaneous : Farmer/ Rancher (Trout farmer)
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field