Cyrus, Billy Ray
|Birthname||Cyrus, William Ray|
|born on||25 August 1961 at 17:52 (= 5:52 PM )|
|Place||Bellefonte KY, USA, 38n29, 82w41|
|Timezone||EST h5w (is standard time)|
|Astrology data||02°28' 29°53 Asc. 06°17'|
American musician, vocalist and guitarist. The grandson of a preacher, he began to sing gospel in choir as a pre-schooler. During school his passion was sports and he aimed to be a baseball catcher until 20, when an "inner voice" told him to get a guitar and sing. He did so, forming a band the next day, "Sly Dog." Determined to play pro within the year, they did so with gigs in local clubs. They continued to build up their popularity until 1984 when a fire wiped out the band.
Cyrus moved to Los Angeles to work days and play music at night. His time had not arrived so he returned to Kentucky to play in night clubs. He made the six-hour drive to Nashville 42 times before he was able to get someone to listen to his material and produce his first single cut. His popularity grew with tours, contracts, and a debut LP "Some Gave All" which contained "Achy Breaky Heart." The cut rocketed him to the top as a sensation with whirlwind touring and non-stop public appearances. "Sly Dog" remained as his backing band. In June 1998, Cyrus was voted five awards at the Music City News Country Awards including Best Male Vocalist of the year. His other awards included, best single, best album cover and best video.
Cyrus and his wife, Leticia, have a daughter Destiny and a son Braison and he has a son, Christopher Cody, from his prior marriage to Cindy Smith that ended in 1991. He married Leticia in December 1993 after she was pregnant with Braison.
According to ex-band member Greg Fletcher, Cyrus is an extreme abuser of pot, cocaine, hashish or crystal meth. asking his band members to score a "hit" for him and set him up with a groupie before and after many performances.
He expanded his repertoire to include acting with a sitcom, "Doc" in 2001.
- Misc. : Mystical Experience 1982 (Inner voice told him to sing, age 20)
- Financial : Lose significant money 1984 (Fire wiped out the band equipment)
- Family : Change in family responsibilities 9 May 1994 (First son with Leticia)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Marriage 28 December 1994 at 12:00 midnight in Nashville, TN (Second marriage Leticia Finley)
chart Placidus Equal_H.
- Relationship : Divorce dates 1991 (From first wife Cindy Smith)
Stephen Przybylowski quotes B.C. 3/l995
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Vocalist/ Pop, Rock, etc.
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Group/ Duo (Sly Dog)
- Lifestyle : Work : Travel for work (Tours with band)
- Personal : Religion/Spirituality : Mystical experience
- Lifestyle : Financial : Gain - Financial success in field
- Vocation : Beauty : Sex-symbol
- Family : Relationship : Number of Marriages (Two)
- Family : Parenting : Kids 1-3 (Three)
- Family : Relationship : Number of Divorces (One)
- Vocation : Entertain/Music : Instrumentalist (Guitar)
- Notable : Awards : Vocational award (Best Male Vocalist amoungst others)
- Diagnoses : Psychological : Abuse Drugs